New member looking for support

Options
Hello,

I am looking for people to support me/help me get back on the road to fitness after having approximately eight months off due to major surgery. I have battled my way through cancer and recently been given the green light from my surgeon encouraging me to return to exercise.

Prior to being diagnosed I was training 3-4 times a week which involved weight training, netball, and occasional rowing for a local club. Not forgetting walking my loopy boxer dog.

I have been told to take things nice and steady which I know is going to be very frustrating as my motto was always 'no pain no gain!'

If think you can help me along my journey it would be great to hear from you.

Feel free to send me a message.

Thanks for reading

Hayley :-)

Replies

• philhagan
    philhagan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good for you
  • philhagan
    philhagan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Should be relatively easy considering what you just battled. Inspiring, add me if you want
  • andrewbrewer14
    andrewbrewer14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm sure we can help you along achieve your goals
  • mueck1
    mueck1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Good for you.
  • hayleylouise9699
    hayleylouise9699 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I shall add you all now. :-)
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi I am trying to get back on track after a hiatus I had to take due to injury. I am looking for friends to join the journey with me. You can add me if you like. :)
  • debbiesteinman
    debbiesteinman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on getting through a tough battle with cancer and surgery. You need to train carefully until you are totally healed. Many people need three months after surgery for heavy weight training so be kind to yourself. Right now pain may mean you've done too much. I've been working out with a trainer for over a year and doing proper form with weights is necessary so you don't injure yourself. Eat more protein to heal your body too. Good luck in your journey.
  • hayleylouise9699
    Options
    Thank you ladies I shall add you. Its been approximately 3 months since surgery. I am a long way off from lifting heavy again, I want to work on my posture first.
  • PastelSquash
    PastelSquash Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's awesome that you're getting back into it now, good for you! :)
  • hayleylouise9699
    Options
    Thank you everyone