MFP is so much better than FB.

Options
Okay, FB is cool for family, seeing what old friends are up to, and playing with a silly quiz occasionally, but personally I enjoy MFP more. I love that people post REAL pictures of themselves and aren't afraid to tell perfect strangers things they would never say otherwise. You would never catch most people on FB posting anything less than a flattering picture of themselves, let alone one of their belly with their current weight listed nearby. I'm even guilty of it! FB is a popularity contest; MFP is full of people just being themselves. You guys rock!

Replies

• AniMarieSt
    AniMarieSt Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I so agree! I love it here!
  • courtneylwatson
    courtneylwatson Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way. MFP is way better than facebook.
  • AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I 100% agree. Not to mention I'm on MFP way more than I'm on FB. And the best part is that this all revolves around being healthy. It's awesome!!
  • red_hatorade
    red_hatorade Posts: 166
    Options
    I agree. I love MFP. I would have never admitted my weight to ANYONE, especially strangers before. It is actually freeing... I'd never admit my weight to anyone on FB.
  • dmaster555
    dmaster555 Posts: 73
    Options
    Don't be so dumb. This site isn't even in the same ballpark as FB.
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    Agreed! I used to spend time on FB if I was bored, now its almost as FB doesn't exist and I'm on this site. So much better. (:
  • sweetseraph7
    Options
    me too
  • gmann1973
    gmann1973 Posts: 247
    Options
    I agree
  • Keleb_DaWhiz
    Options
    I SWEAR!!!!....I am on MFP way more than Facebook these days....
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Okay, FB is cool for family, seeing what old friends are up to, and playing with a silly quiz occasionally, but personally I enjoy MFP more. I love that people post REAL pictures of themselves and aren't afraid to tell perfect strangers things they would never say otherwise. You would never catch most people on FB posting anything less than a flattering picture of themselves, let alone one of their belly with their current weight listed nearby. I'm even guilty of it! FB is a popularity contest; MFP is full of people just being themselves. You guys rock!

Most people wouldn't do that, but I started on FB doing all that... I wasn't ashamed... If people didn't like seeing that stuff, then they should have just taken themselves off! I was on FB posting pictures almost every month for a year, my 2nd year i lost motivation because I got bored, but i kept taking pics as much as I could, and it helped bc I only gained 2 lbs back of the 24.3 lbs I had lost the year before. I'm on MFP because I wanted to try counting calories. A friend of mine introduced me to the site, and I do love it here, but I still continue to post my journey on FB. I am now down 32 lbs (not my lowest so far but I will get back there soon enough!)
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I sooooo agree! I only check FB like once a week now and only because I want ot see what extended fam is up to, maybe share an anecdote or 2. I am here on MFP every day w/o fail and really enjoy the honest interaction it provides. Thanks for the post:flowerforyou:
  • Keleb_DaWhiz
    Options
    I feel the exact same way....
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I agree :smile: I find so much info here and it is good for me that I am on MFP all the time...FB hmmm just go in and quickly see what's going on and then off again!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I agree!!! I used to be on FB all the time.. Now I hardly go on there. I'm so addicted to MFP
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I sooooo agree with this. I have MFP as my number one site and FB as my third site everytime I log on to the net. I love how it has changed my life for the better making me a better person inside and out.
  • Vcaser
    Vcaser Posts: 36
    Options
    I agree! And MFP is not blocked at my work like FB is, so I get to look at it while I'm at lunch!
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    SO TRUE! I am so happy to be here. I check my FB second to MFP every morning and thats on days that I didn't get motivated from this site to go and do something before hand. Happy to see so many of us agree!
  • Christina269
    Christina269 Posts: 110
    Options
    I agree!! I was just thinking about how it's funny that it took this website to break my FB addiction! haha!!
    I love that on here there's none of the drama - there's real support for eachother.

If I posted I was having a rough day on FB - I might have one or 2 REAL friends take a sideways interest - but they would probably only comment just to make sure they weren't the reason for my bad day.

On MFP - I receive REAL support and REAL responses from people I've never met!! I guess that level of honesty and vulnerability is what does it - and the realization that on here - no one is perfect and yet we are ALL perfect just as we are this very moment.
  • ruffledviolet
    Options
    Aww I agree. I prefer my mfp friends over fb friends anyway. :) I actually haven't been on fb since December.
    I agree! And MFP is not blocked at my work like FB is, so I get to look at it while I'm at lunch!
    rofl, that's a great pro to MFP. Hope you didn't just jinx it.
  • SusM321
    SusM321 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I agree!

Don't get me wrong I enjoy my fb. I have reconnected with tons of family and friends that I have missed over the years. But my oh my the drama makes me nuts! Post throughly unflattering pics on fb, I think not! Hehehe

MFP is full of people being who they are at any given moment in their lives! I'm still very new here, I love it!!

Keep up the great work everyone!