y55kflurk70r.jpg

That is adorable!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

y55kflurk70r.jpg

That is adorable!

They cuddle together a lot - I would say they enjoy it, but the truth is more likely that Dash loves it and Bandit just puts up with her because he can't be bothered to move! Sometimes he'll choose to curl up with her but it's usually the other way around! :)

cee134 wrote: »
    vy1k6sy0xzai.jpeg

That expression at the end...! "Mu-uuuum! He hissed at me!"
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    @cee134 @sunburntgalaxy @Elise4270
    Thanks for your responses, they eased my mind. Although, how do you manage to have a closed door with cats around?? I have to tie the cabinets shut, baby lock the bedroom closet and pile stuff in front of the coat closet. We had work done that required the front door be open, so I closed them in the bedroom, they destroyed the carpet there from picking at it. It's a one bedroom apartment, is it terrible to introduce them right away?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    Thanks for your responses, they eased my mind. Although, how do you manage to have a closed door with cats around?? I have to tie the cabinets shut, baby lock the bedroom closet and pile stuff in front of the coat closet. We had work done that required the front door be open, so I closed them in the bedroom, they destroyed the carpet there from picking at it. It's a one bedroom apartment, is it terrible to introduce them right away?

Can you try to take them out for walks? Sounds like they need more to do. I don't mind mine getting into stuff. Cars thinks everything needs exploring.

You can introduce them right away, just know they may not be chums right off. If your cats are already having some behavior problems, you might rethink adding another cat right now. Cat don't get over stuff easily and it could cause more problems.

You ever watch Jackson Galaxy's cat show? My cat from hell. He's has a web site too. It might help you figure out what's best right now.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Can you try to take them out for walks? Sounds like they need more to do. I don't mind mine getting into stuff. Cars thinks everything needs exploring.

You can introduce them right away, just know they may not be chums right off. If your cats are already having some behavior problems, you might rethink adding another cat right now. Cat don't get over stuff easily and it could cause more problems.

You ever watch Jackson Galaxy's cat show? My cat from hell. He's has a web site too. It might help you figure out what's best right now.
    Ha! Yeah, the one is an explorer, often gets himself stuck in the couch or dresser if I leave it open.

Their behavior seems cat-like to me, they only got destructive when closed in like that, which I understand. They play and chase often, still pretty active and enjoy being on the balcony, but not so much actually being outside on grass.

I've seen a couple of episodes of his show, those cats terrify me, but I love how he connects with them. I'll take a look at the website, thank you :-) I know hubs is itchy for kitten time, but financially, I don't think it's the right time - vet bills, food, litter.

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Ha! Yeah, the one is an explorer, often gets himself stuck in the couch or dresser if I leave it open.

Their behavior seems cat-like to me, they only got destructive when closed in like that, which I understand. They play and chase often, still pretty active and enjoy being on the balcony, but not so much actually being outside on grass.

I've seen a couple of episodes of his show, those cats terrify me, but I love how he connects with them. I'll take a look at the website, thank you :-) I know hubs is itchy for kitten time, but financially, I don't think it's the right time - vet bills, food, litter.
    My little one will climb in the dresser drawers, way back in there. The oldest one will still sleep in a hole he made under/in the box springs. I'm not saying to not get another cat, just crazy how fickle cats get. They may love the added company. Good luck with them!