Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

food ideas please!

cjwolfjen
cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
I've been at this a while, and I have my "safe" foods that I know will get me through the day. They are getting a little old though, and that is saying a lot because I am not picky and I can eat the same stuff all the time. However 100 days into this, and I'm feeling TIRED of these foods. I need any, and all, food ideas please. I'm not big on long detailed recipes, but rather short and sweet little meal or snack ideas.

Thanks guys!

Replies

• CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Try www.skinnytaste.com. Almost all of her recipes are SUPER EASY to make - many containing only a few ingredients. I've made tons of stuff from there and it always tastes super gourmet!!
  • red_hatorade
    red_hatorade Posts: 166
    I am a big pasta fan, and have recently subbed zucchini for pasta. I have this neat chopper tool that comes with a julienne blade, so I use that to make my zucchini look like pasta, and top it with sauce and mushrooms. Super tasty and super low cal.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    half a whole grain bagel, toasted, with real butter and a tsp of honey drizzled over it. less than 200 calories.

fresh strawberries, light cool whip, 1 tbsp hershey dark chocolate syrup.

fiber one cereal with blueberries and skim milk

salt-free rice cake topped with 1 tbsp smart balance peanut butter
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    I love thin 'n trim chicken sausages...apple cinnamin or red onion spinach -they are fantastic and 60 calories each.
    Rice cakes with light cream cheese and hot sauce.
    Melba toast with cottage cheese or hummus
    Dannon light and fit yogurt - especially the toasted coconut vanilla
    Pumpernickel toast
    Kellog's fiber bars (very good but don't eat more than one a day!!!)
    Baby - bel's
    Air-popped popcorn and light chedder cheese (I pop mine in brown paper bags in the microwave)
    Frozen grapes
    No sugar added fudgesicle's

good luck! I know the feeling of being a bit "tired" of the same old same old. :smile:
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    I am a big pasta fan, and have recently subbed zucchini for pasta. I have this neat chopper tool that comes with a julienne blade, so I use that to make my zucchini look like pasta, and top it with sauce and mushrooms. Super tasty and super low cal.

Wow...that sounds really good! I may have to try this! Thx.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Hummus is mashed chick peas that are blended into a thick puree. Spread cold on just about anything. Sometimes I like to add chopped marinated artichoke hearts, chopped olives or any pickled veggies. For my pitas I tend to toast them and spread anything on top.

Cauliflower Soup/Sauce
    small head cauliflower (30 cal)
    3 tbsp parmesan cheese (60 cal)
    1 tbsp garlic
    salt & pepper to taste

Cook cauliflower till its mushy. Throw everything into a blender and blend until smooth. Add water till its at the right consistency. Heat and serve over whole wheat pasta for a satisfying low cal dinner!
    I substitute parm with 3 packages of choice flavors of Laughing Cow Wedge cheese (or Weight Watcher) and use alternate seasonings to make variations. This makes a soup and I add crab (fake), ham or broccoli for a variations

BBQ Turkey
    10oz Ground Turkey
    one med. bell pepper chopped
    1 tbl oil
    6 Tbl BBQ Sauce
    approx 1/2c servings

Grill Leftover Sandwich
    2 mini pitas
    3 oz chicken
    1c mixed grilled veggies (I like carrots, pepper, onion)
    2 wedges laughing cow cheese
    Mix together when warm and spread on toasted pitas

Turkey Slider
    2oz ground turkey
    1/2 slice bacon finely chopped
    Mix these together
    0.5 oz cheese of choice
    mini whole wheat pita

pepper/cabbage slaw
    1c shredded cabbage
    1/2c finely chopped bell pepper
    1 tbsp soy sour cream
    2tsp vinegar- apple cider, or similar light vinegar
    stevia/truvia, S/P to taste

Tuna Spread
    One packaged (cooked) TJ marinated tuna partially drained
    2 tbl ff greek yogurt
    2 tb soy sour cream
    1 tb TJ green enchilada sauce

A few ideas for now ;)
  • cheesesandwich
    cheesesandwich Posts: 79 Member
    Try www.skinnytaste.com. Almost all of her recipes are SUPER EASY to make - many containing only a few ingredients. I've made tons of stuff from there and it always tastes super gourmet!!

Seconding this. Her recipe index is my go-to resource when I'm out of ideas.
  • jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    Also check out Hungry Girl - google her! She's got a show on food network now too!
  • MHoxworth
    MHoxworth Posts: 4 Member
    Yoplait light yogurt. Has protein, potassium, no fat and only 100 calories. Tastes great and there are a million flavors! And makes you feel full.