Same Meal Everyday

So I am currently in college and its hard to find protein rich foods that are overall healthy and have a good caloric ratio. Theres a wheat taragon chicken salad sandwhich that I found that is percect macros for a filling meal(330 calories, 8 grams of fat, 36 grams of protein, 35 grams of carbs)... this is a cold premade sandwhich from one of the markets here at my college. Now I find myself eating one of these everyday for either lunch or dinner. Is it bad that I eat them everyday or does it not matter as long as its in my calories?

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    You'll likely get bored of eating it eventually, but it's not bad as long as it fits in your calories :)

~Lyssa
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited October 2016
    It does not matter. If you like it, go for it.

I've read of many people (and I'm one of them) who eat basically the same thing every day for one or more of their meals.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    In 8th grade I ate peanut butter cookies and lemonade every single day,, I lived. Much better than lettuce, tomato and miracle whip sandwich they tried to make you eat.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited October 2016
    you can eat a Baked Potato your stomach only knows Mashed potato's-- My point is no matter what we call food our stomach only sees it as Macro or Micro Nutrient so NO it doesn't matter. I either eat a PB&J or deli sandwich everyday for decades!!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    It is absolutely fine. It's not unusual for people to eat the same breakfast for days, weeks, months on end. Dinner is no different.

I have 3 breakfasts I eat and two of them are extremely similar (only difference is I boil the eggs with one meal and scramble them with the other.) As long as my overall nutrition is sound, I don't worry about the actual foods that make it up.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    I do my best at sticking with the plan if I eat the same foods regularly. It makes things easier - no thinking involved. I don't tire of foods easily. I've been eating chicken tacos almost every day for almost a year.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    As long as you're getting all of your nutrients, you should be fine.

FWIW: I eat an egg sandwich almost every morning for breakfast.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I have the same breakfast and lunch every single day. Dinner and dessert are the only meals that change daily.
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    I eat the same foods almost daily with the exception of dinner. Makes it way easier to log and weigh, establishes routine, and easier to tweak macros or total calorie intake when needed.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    I also eat the same breakfast and lunch every day. Once in awhile lunch will change up, but breakfast is the same. My dad has also done the same thing...for as long as I can remember (over 40 years) and he is one of the healthiest people at this age I know.

Like the above stated, your body doesn't know any different.

Now DH on the other hand, he can't stand to eat the same over and over and craves variety. Just depends on the person.