Carbohydrates

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Broccoli, cauliflower, spaghetti squash, parsnips, turnip, zucchini, romaine lettuce/red leaf lettuce, grape tomatoes, almonds, pecans, walnuts.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Most veggies and nuts.
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Carbs are my life ❤️❤️❤️
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    dcristo213 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    I only eat 20 or so grams of carbs a day and mostly in veggies and some trace in processed meats/cheeses. I try very hard to avoid processed sugars and fruits.

since there is no reason to avoid them, you can stop trying so hard...

You really shouldn't tell someone not to avoid carbs unless you know more about them....like any health conditions. It's also condescending to tell them to stop trying so hard. We all have our struggles and health issues and have to do was works best for us.

the person referenced no health condition ...and I stand by the assertion that you do not have to make herculean efforts to avoid sugars and processed foods, which can mean a million different things to a million different people...
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I like fruit, veg, dairy, oats, potatoes. Even nuts have carbs, love nut butters!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    All the carbs I love. Actually, there are very few carbs I don't like.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    All of them except the ones that are in beets.

Now I know why I've always liked you.

To the OP's question, my favorite carbs come from dairy, fruits, vegetables, beans, legumes, potatoes, oats, and popcorn. I have popcorn every day and it's usually kettle corn. My other favorite carbs are in Snickers bars.
  • izzie218
    izzie218 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Even though a lot carbohydrate sources have a bad reputation, fortunately there are many healthy ones that we need. Carbs give us energy and fuel our brains.

Some great sources that I incorporate into my diet are baked sweet potatoes, yams, bananas, wild rice (brown works too), oatmeal, berries, and steamed parsnips. Hope this helps you!
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    All of them except the ones that are in beets.

Yep, pretty much this lol. Carbs are great and I enjoy a wide variety-everything from whole grains and veggies to potato chips and cookies. I love them all and fit them in with my weight goals :)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    All of them...
  • J72FIT
    Options
    I only eat 20 or so grams of carbs a day and mostly in veggies and some trace in processed meats/cheeses. I try very hard to avoid processed sugars and fruits.

You really shouldn't tell someone not to avoid carbs unless you know more about them....like any health conditions. It's also condescending to tell them to stop trying so hard. We all have our struggles and health issues and have to do was works best for us.

No health issues were mentioned so...
  • blwasson73
    blwasson73 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Mostly veggies and occasionally some rice. I don't feel great when I eat too many sweet carbs.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options

How do you know? RowdysLady might be diabetic.
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Here are my fave carbs: sweet potato, cauliflower rice; sautéed Brussels sprouts, apples, strawberries and other berries. Don't do so well with grains as gives me indigestion.
  • UK92
    UK92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Potatoes, rice, bread and fruits :)
  • J72FIT
    Options

How do you know? RowdysLady might be diabetic.

If the poster does not give that info, logic dictates to assume there is no issue unless told otherwise...
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    All the carbs! Love my bread, pasta, spuds, rice, cereal, love nearly all fruit but a bit picky about veg.
    Cauliflower is gross, bell peppers are revolting, peas are simply dull.

Don't have much of a sweet tooth so don't eat a lot of sugar except when I'm cycling when I eat all the sugar, 600+ grams of carbs in an exceptional day.

Bad chocolate is a crime, dark and bitter (like my heart!) is the way to go.
  • dcristo213
    dcristo213 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    izzie218 wrote: »
    Even though a lot carbohydrate sources have a bad reputation, fortunately there are many healthy ones that we need. Carbs give us energy and fuel our brains.

Some great sources that I incorporate into my diet are baked sweet potatoes, yams, bananas, wild rice (brown works too), oatmeal, berries, and steamed parsnips. Hope this helps you!

I have more energy and I am able to mentally focus better when I am on very low carbs....less than 25 grams per day. I have tons of energy...even at 5am when I work out in a fasted state. When I eat carbs above 50 grams, I am constantly hungry and always tired.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    izzie218 wrote: »

I have more energy and I am able to mentally focus better when I am on very low carbs....less than 25 grams per day. I have tons of energy...even at 5am when I work out in a fasted state. When I eat carbs above 50 grams, I am constantly hungry and always tired.

I am the polar opposite.