Low carb high fat dieter here

Options

Replies

• RobPA1
    RobPA1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    LCHF since may, have lost 40 lbs with no additional exercise. Add me as friend if you like!
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    LCHF since January and am down 107. Want to lose another 30 to 50. Oh I didnt do any exercise until last week
  • rinigirl76
    rinigirl76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Low Carbing it for two weeks now .. lost 8lbs! add me as a friend!
  • Handmadebody
    Handmadebody Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have been on lchf since the 1st of October 2016. I have lost 5kg. I was 103 and I am now 98.1kg. Still pushing it!!
  • lenacoz
    lenacoz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much been LCHF since the summer. I did a vlcd (very low calorie diet) for a few weeks and was miserable so went back to LCHF and I love it. I have about 30 pounds to my personal goal. feel free to add me as a friend.
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I've always done high protien diets. Its pretty much how I keep my weight down. The minute i start consuming starches and sugars I find myself on a horrible downward slide.
  • mielkeka12
    mielkeka12 Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I started a low carb high fat last Thursday! I also got back into a good workout routine! Feeling excited! Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • mielkeka12
    mielkeka12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been researching HF/HC/MP lifestyle for about two years, I finally started it in the Spring. I found this web site about 25 days ago, and it's been a great help. Some of the challenges I found is just getting enough fat in your diet. Anybody struggling hang in there and don't be afraid to ask questions. I would love to hear how other people are increasing the amount of fat in their diet, without going over their calorie count. Also anybody keeping their carb count below 20 if so how? I found it to be impossible but under 50 is very doable.

I have been pretty consistently keeping carbs under 20g. The one was that I incorporate a bit more fat in my diet is in the morning I either have half an avocado with my breakfast or drink a cup of bullet proof coffee. Feel free to add me!
  • ketocouverbabe
    ketocouverbabe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Been on keto since september 6 this year!! I'm down 19 pounds already and I haven't wanted to cheat! Have way more energy than ever, need to spend it at the gym haha. Also bacon is a nice touch.
    You can add me on here :D or on instagram, follow me at ketochristel ! its a lot of food pics haha
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Tried low carb MFP group but pictures keep kicking me out
  • goldengirl111
    Options
    Same diet here. Lost 21 lbs and I'd like to lose another 20. I'm a veteran at this diet as I've done it off an on for years now. Never stuck to it long enough to reach my goal though. This time I'm not quitting. I've been in Ketosis since March.
    Feel free to add me anyone. Good luck to you all!

Top 10 low carb tips please.
  • goldengirl111
    Options
    rerez2015 wrote: »
    I have things set at 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbs. Too much protein and the body can turn it into glucose.
    My calories are set at 1300, but I allow up to 1500.
    Feel free to friend me.

Friend me
  • sarae1952
    sarae1952 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been low carb-high fat for a few months and slowly losing weight. Would love to talk to others for motivation, support, and recipes. :)
  • izzym310
    izzym310 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am day 19 low carv and loving it im down 10 lbs
  • Tsedie
    Tsedie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Welcome :) . I've been LCHF since February 1 (20g of carbs per day or less, almost always less) and am down 49lbs so far. If you haven't added yourself to the Low Carb Daily group you should definitely do so!

That's awesome! I just started 3 weeks ago and haven't lost much weight. I really do need help to see the kind of food you eat so I can follow
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hey folks...please come join us on the low carb group (scroll all the way down on the main menu to see the link). We'd be happy to see you there!
  • marymason78
    marymason78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was put on a low carb diet while pregnant to manage my pre-diabetes. I went off of it after I had my baby and gained weight like crazy and felt like crap. I've gone back on it, feel amazing and have already lost a few pounds. I'm pretty excited.
  • RunningMom1038
    RunningMom1038 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm on LCHF. Anyone can feel free to add me. I just got back on MFP. Trying to lose that last 20 now. (I lost 20 before, then gained 10 because I got careless.) Female in my 30s, who loves to run, if anyone wants to add a similar friend.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The Low Carber Daily MFP group is where most low carbers hang out. They're a great source of support and information. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • mimi6554
    mimi6554 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same Here - LCHF :smile: Looking for a support group to help me reach my goal.