What is it with 50+ y/o men & white sneakers?

Options
13»

Replies

• PhoenixWithoutAshes1
    Options
    almss1 wrote: »
    Hahahaha you see what you did??!! Now I have to go outside and pay attention on men sneakers 50+

All part of my evil plan!!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My hub is 51, and recently developed a love for nice sneaks...or at least for buying them! He has 7 or 8 really fancy pair in the closet (none are white tho!), but he only ever wears the black ones. :D
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    My hub is 51, and recently developed a love for nice sneaks...or at least for buying them! He has 7 or 8 really fancy pair in the closet (none are white tho!), but he only ever wears the black ones. :D

Mid life crisis is prolly bout to hit him

Already got the car....thinking the stripper is next!
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Go to most shoe stores and the majority of athletic shoes are white. I got in the habit of buying white when I worked as a nursing assistant and had to have white shoes, just haven't seen a reason to change. Now also have found New Balance to fit me the best and the vast majority of their cross trainers are white. Go with the flow, they are comfortable and I don't spend a ton of time buying shoes.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    makingmark wrote: »
    Go to most shoe stores and the majority of athletic shoes are white.

i wish. last time i went shopping for runners around here, everything was coloured like the kind of candy you won't let a 5-yo eat unless you detest its parents.
  • jprewitt1
    jprewitt1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Screen_Shot_2016-06-13_at_12.31.16_PM.0.png
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Do you really give a coital event about the clothes old farts wear?
  • brentopia
    brentopia Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    ...probably because older people are much less susceptible to the constant barrage of sheeple marketing messages instructing everyone what they must buy/wear or what is currently cool and uncool... so they make their own decision (*choke!* *gasp!*) on what they prefer instead.
  • PhoenixWithoutAshes1
    Options
    Wow, some of you are just bitter about this...
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    captbklee wrote: »
    That's hilarious because it's true. To complete the uniform, they always tuck their shirt into their jeans.

Dad jeans!

qd0qulr4o3h1.jpg
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of us 50+ guys where I work and almost all of them ( but not me) wear either white New Balance or Nike's. What is up with that? Did I miss out on some memo when I turned 50? Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

My favorite. So clean....