Waist trimmers

Options
So I bought a waist belt the other day and the past three days I've been sweating twice as much with it. Does anyone else use one and do they work?

Replies

• megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Sweating does not equal calories burnt. As you become dehydrated you may lose water weight temporarily, but the only way to lose weight/slim down your waist is to eat at a calorie deficit.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    How do people keep falling for these.. Take it back if you can, I'm sorry but it doesn't work. Fat isn't some magical thing that can be sweat away. It's stored energy for times when food is scarce. The way to lose it is to make your body think food is sparce. With a MILD deficit of 250-500 calories a day.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Uh no....just no. Great for costume/cosplay but pretty much pointless.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    So I bought a waist belt the other day and the past three days I've been sweating twice as much with it. Does anyone else use one and do they work?

Sweating does not equal fat loss, sorry. Its just your body's way of cooling itself down.
  • kelleykelcox
    kelleykelcox Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Gimmicks do not work. You have to do the work. This is why the weight loss industry is a HUGE money maker-too many people want the easy way out. You have to do the work.
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    haniame wrote: »

I know you started this discussion a long time back but waist trimmers are GREAT IF you are targeting your abdomen. It speeds up the process

Which process?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Sweat is a great way to detoxify your body which is very important. I don't know if it'll help lose weight . But it'll encourage you when you see your stomach held in a little. Do stomach vaccums, they help me out a lot. I don't wear a waist trainer but suck in my stomach and I can feel the muscles getting stronger in my abs and I'm slowly getting my curves back.

I agree with the bold part, that's why I have kidneys. Also, it's why there's poison control. But it's not why we sweat, we do that to stay cool.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I know you started this discussion a long time back but waist trimmers are GREAT IF you are targeting your abdomen. It speeds up the process

Yeah, no, it doesn't. Not unless you're wearing it tight enough to rearrange your innards.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Sweat is a great way to detoxify your body which is very important.
    No such thing as "detoxifying" through sweat or any other food/liquid regimen. That's done internally through a correctly working liver and kidneys.
    I don't know if it'll help lose weight . But it'll encourage you when you see your stomach held in a little. Do stomach vaccums, they help me out a lot. I don't wear a waist trainer but suck in my stomach and I can feel the muscles getting stronger in my abs and I'm slowly getting my curves back.
    Sucking in your stomach is purposeful though. Do you walk around with a sucked in stomach all the time?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options

No it doesn't.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Zombie thread back from the dead........
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

speeds up what process? it doesnt make you lose weight or fat any faster,not to mention you wont learn how to engage your core when working out so it can actually weaken the muscles.