Clothing brands.. which are your 'go to' favourites?

Options
AdamAthletic
AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
edited October 2016 in Chit-Chat
So, I'm intrigued!

Everybody's fashion sense is different!

What brands or stores do you generally go to?

I'll fully admit to being a little vein with my shopping, I absolutely hate baggy stuff too so - it kinda limits the shops I go to!

The brands I usually go to-

Superdry (usually for jeans and workout gear)
Under armour - 80% of my workout stuff!
Ralph Lauren - if I'm trying to dress to impress!
Bench - causal wear!
Armani - usually hit the sales up and get some nice shirts and jeans!

What brands do you like?

Replies

• AdamAthletic
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Now:

Tahari
    Larry Levine
    Nipon
    Calvin Klein
    Lilly Pulitzer (consignment, can't afford retail)
    L.L. Bean
    Eddie Bauer
    Anne Klein

When I'm a size 12 or below:

Talbots
    Ann Taylor

That's great thinking, I think clothes are a fantastic way to reward ourselves for awesome progress!
    There's no better feeling than looking great in clothes you really want to wear!!

All the best with hitting that size 12 goal!

Also, forgot all about Calvin Klein!! Another of my favourites!

Usually I go to outlet villages and get most of the brands I like at a discount - usually end of season but, there's some mega savings to be had!!!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Fitness stuff....lululemon

Otherwise
    H&M
    Bcbg...if I need something dressy
    Medoncino...a Canadian store where I get my dresses
    La senza for lacy and pretty things....not a fan of Victoria secret
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    J. Crew for the most part. I know exactly how their stuff fits and it lasts a long time. I hit them up whenever they have a 20% off + free shipping online sale.

For t-shirts and hoodies, I like Alternative Apparel. Some of their items I can find on eBay at wholesale prices.

Basically I'm skinny and particular about how my clothes fit me. Don't want people to think I'm a sack of bones underneath my clothes so I try to reveal my body in such a way that people will see that I do workout and I'm working with a little somethin' somethin'. Hehe.

• AdamAthletic
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

Otherwise
    H&M
    Aaaah lululemon!
    The brand that my girlfriend seems to be insistent on draining my bank account with!!
    Fantastic stuff but it ain't cheap!!
    Good quality!!!

And Victoria secret, I wish I got paid for the amount of times I've been dragged in there!!!!
  • AdamAthletic
    Options
    J. Crew for the most part. I know exactly how their stuff fits and it lasts a long time. I hit them up whenever they have a 20% off + free shipping online sale.

For t-shirts and hoodies, I like Alternative Apparel. Some of their items I can find on eBay at wholesale prices.

Basically I'm skinny and particular about how my clothes fit me. Don't want people to think I'm a sack of bones underneath my clothes so I try to reveal my body in such a way that people will see that I do workout and I'm working with a little somethin' somethin'. Hehe.

Ah I get your thinking!
    Kind of my logic with my clothing!

Most of my tops are slim fit muscle stretch, they highlight all the right areas without making me feel like I'm wearing anything too baggy!
    One of the reasons I like Ralph Lauren but, I'll only buy RL things end of season!!
    I'm not made of money!! Lol

Might have to check out that brand you mentioned!!! I'll have a Google later!
  • Magnustkn
    Magnustkn Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hmm...well I'm not a *kitten* tool, and I really don't want to impress anyone. So I guess Levi's and vans most the time. And when I work out, shorts, vans, and most likely a marvel shirt.
  • THS2SHALLPASS
    THS2SHALLPASS Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Iron rebel, ape man strong and live large fitness are my go to's...
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    I don't really think about labels or brands unless it's workout cloths or out doors clothes.

For workout stuff
    Nike - they're the only shoes for me and the clothes are the only one I'm truly happy with
    Dragon fly - it's an UK based pole fitness brand.. Their pole shorts have full crotch coverage
    Indi pole wear - again, full coverage

Outdoors stuff

Cintamani - love them and I'm never cold
    66°north - their coats are perfect for a storm on a glacier.. You won't even feel the cold
    Colombia - NY go to hiking boots
    Canada goose - love the brand and its perfect for Icelandic weather but it's ridiculously expensive.

Everyday stuff

Shoes

Bianco - for fancy stuff
    Nike - everyday stuff

River Island - only jeans that I've been happy with

Other than that... Ugh. I just buy what fits and doesn't cost to much.. I don't like spending money on clothes that will last a year until the next fashion season takes over

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I like going to discount stores and buying what's cute. H&M and Target are my go-to if I wanna spend a little more.

When I was obese, only clothes from Torrid really fit. I used Style and Co by Macy's for jeans.
  • LewisLal
    LewisLal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Gothic Catwalk. Im a steampunk and gothic dress lover.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Brooks Brothers when it's on sale.
    George when it's not.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm a cheapskate, so...

Usually Old Navy, Kohl's brands (Sonoma or Croft & Barrow), I like Massimo's from Target, Bali for bras, I've got some Under Armour sweater and socks. I got some Columbia stuff for hiking.

Jeans I used to get Lee but got some Levi's at the outlet that fit much better (my shape sucks, they either fall off or I have a muffin top).

Disclaimer - I have a cat, and she likes getting on my lap and getting her claws stuck in things, so yeah.
  • DangleSnipe
    DangleSnipe Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Nike - shoes and shorts only
    Bauer
    Adidas
    Under armour - hoodies only
    Puma
    Costco *kitten* if it's cheap
  • synchkat
    edited October 2016
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

Otherwise
    H&M
    Aaaah lululemon!
    The brand that my girlfriend seems to be insistent on draining my bank account with!!
    Fantastic stuff but it ain't cheap!!
    Good quality!!!

And Victoria secret, I wish I got paid for the amount of times I've been dragged in there!!!!

Lulu is so worth it though. Makes your butt look AMAZING and so comfy.
    If you can get the stuff on sale it's not as bad. I have one that's fairly close to me so I can pop in and check out the sale rack.

And I shop alone so no one gets dragged anywhere in my life haha but I don't like Victoria Secret we've other Canadian brands I like

I also like Old Navy for cheap dresses and the Gap is nice for t shirts and sweaters
    American Eagle for jeans
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    Anthropologie/ True Religion jeans/ vintage stuff

I like Old Navy active wear but I think most of their other clothes are cut really badly and look cheap (plus the sizes are huge - vanity sizing gone crazy)
  • synchkat
    Options
    Anthropologie/ True Religion jeans/ vintage stuff

I like Old Navy active wear but I think most of their other clothes are cut really badly and look cheap (plus the sizes are huge - vanity sizing gone crazy)

Yes!!! But they are cheap! But the sizes I find their XS is often too big lately...I'm not an extra small. I suspect it's just cheap and poor quality control.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Wallflower jeans - because as far as I'm concerned you should have always been able to get women's jeans by inseam.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    The only label I pay attention to is on my work pants and boots. Carhartt and Wrangler make the most comfortable longest lasting pants out there, and these 6 year old Red Wing boots still make me feel like I'm walking on clouds.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    kxbrown27 wrote: »
    The only label I pay attention to is on my work pants and boots. Carhartt and Wrangler make the most comfortable longest lasting pants out there, and these 6 year old Red Wing boots still make me feel like I'm walking on clouds.

Ha .... same here

Wrangler and Levi jeans (dark wash)

and my Red Wing Iron Rangers are the default footwear

otherwise: Brooks Brothers for dress-up

Camper brand shoes for kicking around