November Goal to be down to 200 pounds

Options
My goal for November is to get down to 200 pounds as of right now I'm only 19 pounds from hitting that goal, as I've made some big changes and I'm now starting to feel so much better about myself and feeling the confidence again that I can get back to a healthy weight and getting my health under control. I've totally stopped Soda's and that was a hard thing to do since I did it Cold Turkey what I did was started drinking water and that's all it took. Please feel free to add me as a friend as I'm always looking for new friends to join my fitness family and I log every day.

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    tigerfit99 wrote: »
    My goal for November is to get down to 200 pounds as of right now I'm only 19 pounds from hitting that goal, as I've made some big changes and I'm now starting to feel so much better about myself and feeling the confidence again that I can get back to a healthy weight and getting my health under control. I've totally stopped Soda's and that was a hard thing to do since I did it Cold Turkey what I did was started drinking water and that's all it took. Please feel free to add me as a friend as I'm always looking for new friends to join my fitness family and I log every day.

Are you planning to lose 19 lbs in one month, or am I misunderstanding you?
  • RangiOrangeMan
    RangiOrangeMan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Tiger girl,
    Way to go giving away these sodas! Certain things deserved to go cold turkey on. That is how I did with smoking 8 years ago and never looked back.
    I always hear life and health coach saying that we need to look for more than one way to measure our success, and this case your (and sure enough mine too...) weight loss. You are talking about the way you feel and the confidence it helps you gain. This one hell of an accomplishment. Without knowing you, just from reading your post I feel the vibe and excitement and i am happy for you. thank you for sharing.

One last thing (promise;-) ), you talk about the short term goals. This is so important. I am so caught up in my long term goal (60 pounds by the end of April 2017, baby! got to make it happen) that i have never broken it down per month and into weeks in order to follow the success, or better yet - monitor the progress and fix it in case of failure.
    Thank you for the reminder.
    I will take care of it immediately.
    Take care and hope we will keep enjoying the process.

• Puppybear1
    Puppybear1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Way to go on all of your success! I don't know if I could quitting drinking my diet soda cold turkey so Kudos to you! I am sending well-wishes for your continued success. You can do this! (you look beautiful by the way!)
  • tigerfit99
    tigerfit99 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm looking to lose 19 pounds for the month of November
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    tigerfit99 wrote: »
    Yes I'm looking to lose 19 pounds for the month of November
    So, roughly five pounds a week? How do you aim to achieve that?