Need accountability pals. Let's loose pounds together

Hi MFPers! Like many, I've let life get busy, found 18947 excuses as to why I "can't", allowing myself to gain weight and over all start to feel pretty bad about myself.
Today I began at a new gym. My first goal is 10 pounds. Once there, we'll see how it goes.
I'm a person that needs accountability. A workout partner would be so helpful but I've recently moved and really have no one around me to be that person.
I'm not sure how the communities work. I've used this app on and off for years but never really utilized it other than to count calories.
With that said, I'd love to figure out how to find others wanting to loose weight with me. Anyone interested in a 10 pound help each other loose weight group or maybe direct me to a thread that already has this going on?

Replies

• TreyTnt9
    TreyTnt9 Posts: 104 Member
    There are no "loose" groups here. There are plenty of lose weight groups though.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 905 Member
    I've got about 10lb to lose
    Feel free to add me
  • bigcountry0430
    bigcountry0430 Posts: 108 Member
    I'll express appreciation for her on your correction of a simple typo. Geez what a dick.
    TreyTnt9 wrote: »
    There are no "loose" groups here. There are plenty of lose weight groups though.

• kristinswims
    kristinswims Posts: 14 Member
    I have 10 lbs to lose, too, clover 34. I'm new with this messaging thing on myfitnesspal, but I'm looking for accountability too.
  • EmmaMcwhinnie
    EmmaMcwhinnie Posts: 52 Member
    I'm up for this :) I think having someone telling you to do something is more effective than you thinking about doing it.
    Poorly worded, perhaps, but you get my drift right?
  • clover34
    clover34 Posts: 4 Member
    So, proof reading isn't my strong suit. Loose and lose...I totally failed but I bet I'm not the first to get "O" happy. So, I'll live with my grammatical error and just say thanks for the responses. Not really sure what's the best way to friend help each other to loose, oops, I mean lose weight is....suggestions, input, insight...
  • EmmaMcwhinnie
    How about every day go out for a jog/run/power walk and post on here. Then if any of us notice you don't post, we'll remind you to do it?
  • clover34
    Thank you! :) I set a goal to hit the gym 4 times this week. 5 might have been setting myself up to fail. I need to keep my fingers out of bad snacks while at wk too.
  • EmmaMcwhinnie
    How about take the healthy snacks with you?? I take some grapes, crackers, and cheese for snacks throughout the day. I obsessively weigh it all out the night before so I don't have to rush and guess in the morning. If you do eat a bad snack it's not the end of the world, just try and log the calories on here and think 'I will do better tomorrow' :)
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 905 Member
    Carrot sticks, low cals, crunchy
    And filling, a good snack to munch on
    At work
  • chirex
    chirex Posts: 2 Member
    Yes please! I really need it. :(
  • clover34
    Sounds like this is a great place for assistance! I've started logging my food again....im so bad about weekends and staying in range. I need to start being accountable and log my liquid weekend drinks too...I totally cheat with not doing that. My goal for the day is to get my tush to the gym by 12.
    What's today's goals for you?
  • kristinswims
    So far so good today.... I'm making myself track every calorie. I plan on making soup today, so we'll have healthy dinners today and tomorrow at least.
  • kristinswims
    Did you start a group, or do we encourage one another on this thread? I also commented on the lose 10 lbs by Christmas thread, and the thread has been completely deleted.
  • cecebo11
    cecebo11 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi there, my name is Cece, I thought I would try MFP and make myself accountable. How are you doing?
  • kristinswims
    Exercised 4 times this week. And trying to track everything, and stick to it. We'll weigh in tomorrow.