Has anyone tried a product called "Powerball"?

Options
I came across a video that features it and it stated it's used to help with forearms and wrists. I myself was thinking of getting one but was wondering if anyone had tried it and had been proven successful.

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    It's probably about as effective as the Shake Weight. Which is to say, maybe slightly better than doing absolutely nothing. It's another bogus device with a lot of slick advertising, the main assistance it will have is making your wallet lighter.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's handy for cleaning crevices.

51NbhGLLozL.jpg
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I got given one as a gift a few years back. Couldn't really tell if it did anything for the wrist - probably just gives RSI rather than anything positive. Found it definitely did work the forearms but there are much more effective ways to do that. Mine has sat in the bottom of the wardrobe for at least a couple of years which probably tells you all you need to know - save your money!
  • AnvilHead
    Options
    If you want to work your wrists and forearms, do some deadlifts, RDLs or even rack pulls. Or Farmer's Walk with a pair of DBs/kettlebells.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Yes, it's handy for cleaning crevices.

51NbhGLLozL.jpg

that looks like a massage just waiting to happen to me, tbh.

my trainer runs a pretty old-school 'blue collar' (his word) type gym. he has an orbital sander in the corner. it's great. you can take a little break between squats and recover by buffing your bum.

• blopmiyers
    blopmiyers Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Ah alright thanks for all the replies! I was going to use it to strengthen my wrists, I'm pretty sure I have carpel tunnel.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    one of my forearms is huge
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    blopmiyers wrote: »
    Ah alright thanks for all the replies! I was going to use it to strengthen my wrists, I'm pretty sure I have carpel tunnel.

If you Google powerball and rehab some articles pop up. Sample

http://www.livestrong.com/article/488854-what-does-a-gyro-ball-exerciser-do/

As the others have mentioned probably not the most effective for building great forearm strength but may have some use in a rehabit setting.

Check with your doctor or therapist
  • AnvilHead
    edited October 2016
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »

Must be a fapulous workout routine. :trollface:
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I was given one as a Christmas present many years ago.
    It proved to be a novelty item that was mildly interesting if you have a curiosity about gyroscopic effects but ultimately pointless as an exercise device.

Just go and lift up something heavy would be my advice - after seeing a physical therapist for your carpal tunnel symptoms of course.
    They may advise doing less forearm exercise not more depending on what is causing the issue.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »

*sigh*
    There are great perks to using the other hand...