Breaking the cycle

Options
Hi everyone,

I am trying, yet again, to buckle down and form healthier exercise and eating habits. However, I have a tendency to do well for a few weeks then, for whatever reason, I completely fall off the wagon. I've been doing the same cycle for years and want to finally succeed in meeting my goals, remaining consistent, and breaking this trend. So, my question to everyone is how does one break that cycle and stay motivated when self control is flying out the window?

Replies

• M3andA5her
    M3andA5her Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The same thing is happening with me and I am beating myself up over it so badly lately. I successfully lost 15 kilos over two years ago and kept it off until recently having put 7 on again. I really don't want to go backwards to where I started but I just can't seem to get back into it. So frustrating.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    It is frustrating...I lost over 100 lbs., then put 30 back on...gotta do something now!! But I am back on here and gonna do this. Feel free to friend me. I need new friends... my other ones aren't on here anymore.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    maybe look back and do a post mortem on where you went wrong.. or why you regained some. Then solve those problems this time. Also.. at least you've caught it before your regain all the weight and then some.

For me, I never kept weighing myself once I lost all my weight. I'll never do that once I'm at goal. I'll weigh every week ..maybe even every day.

I also lost the weight eating in a manner that I could never do for life. So this time. i've adopted a motto of how I lose it is how i have to maintain it... So, with those thoughts i taylor make this hopefully.. last effort to lose extra pounds.
  • RoxyRoller00
    RoxyRoller00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is definitelt frustrating! Congratulations on your weight loss M3andA5er and Smokey19! Those are great achievements and even though keeping the weight off hasn't gone quite as planned it's still something to be proud of. I'm no stranger to beating myself up whenever I get sidetracked and often suffer from all or nothing thinking. So one bad day or even one bad meal turns into a downward spiral because I haven't been absolutely perfect.
  • DisruptedMatrix
    DisruptedMatrix Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just decided that enough was enough and that this would be the last time. i tend to fall off the wagon after a month. I'm aware of that. If I do fall off, I know the most important thing is just dusting myself off and immediately getting back on.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    My mantra is make up your mind and your body follows.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am trying, yet again, to buckle down and form healthier exercise and eating habits. However, I have a tendency to do well for a few weeks then, for whatever reason, I completely fall off the wagon. I've been doing the same cycle for years and want to finally succeed in meeting my goals, remaining consistent, and breaking this trend. So, my question to everyone is how does one break that cycle and stay motivated when self control is flying out the window?
    You COMMIT. That means NOTHING stops you till you get to goal. If you have any reservations at all, then you'll always be stuck in that cycle.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png