3 DAY DIET.

Options
okay everyone, before i get any negative feedback i would just like to say this is how i started my weightloss i was 190 and dropped to 184 in march before cuba and have never gained it back. I do this diet every monday tuesday and wednesday. and then eat more on the thurs-sun, but still healthy choices, I started again this past monday the 11th of july, and was 181.4, today wednesday the 13th i am 178.3 . I do not feel starving when doin this diet, i feel empowered that i can follow such a plan. I workout as well while doin this and burn about 500 cals per day. Im a bit nervous for thurs-sun as i dont have a set plan on what to eat, ive heard great success stories from this diet and cannot wait to progress with more weigh loss as i was at a plateau for 3 months :( . I am posting this to see if anyone has suggestions for the thursday-sunday meals. This is a lifestyle change for me, so it needs to be do-able, i still will eat the foods i want just in smaller portions from thurs-sun and mon-wed are my serious go hard or go home days ! Has anyone else tried this?
Here is the link for those who want to check it out.
http://www.everydiet.org/diet/3-day-diet

****STAFF NOTE: Post has been locked due to violations of guideline #03****
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Replies

• hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    thanks for this post!
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    This actually looks pretty awesome! It all looks like filling foods, and I already try to incorporate about half of them into my daily foods anyway! Definitely a lot better looking than the diet my mom has tried to follow....

Thanks for the post! :flowerforyou:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hmm, on the link you've posted, right at the top, it says this is a fad diet and not recommended for long term weight loss.

Having said that, your approach of watching how much you eat is a good one, as you say it needs to be a lifestyle change that is sustainable.

Good luck!
  • rebz1991
    rebz1991 Posts: 21
    Options
    haha yes i saw that too ! But if you read the comments below of people who do this three days a week it seems to keep the weight off, i guess we will see ! No harm in trying something new right, espeically when the old routine isnt working, i think my body got bored ! :P lol
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. Looks easy enough to follow for 3 days and doesn't require a bunch of crazy 12 dollar ingredients. How often can you repeat it? once a week? Once every couple of weeks? Also wondering if perhaps adding a cup of fresh veggies to lunch would throw it all off? I guess I'm just paranoid about my tummy rumbling nonstop until dinner, haha :)
  • rebz1991
    Options
    it says you cant really substitue too much, but i do sometimes, if im really hungry, i have an extra cup of grapes.. i dont care lol i cant starve ! It does not throw it off for me. I bought a huge bag of frozen veggies from costco and those play a huge part in this diet, they are so filling and really help me out on the three days i do this.Theres wiggle room with this diet i'd say ! If anyone else tries it be sure to let me know if it worked for you :)
  • zipporah81
    Options
    It was years ago when I tried the 3-day diet.....and from what I can remember, I had great success....on the 4 days off, I made sure I ate many vegetables and baked meats. Also be sure to continue your exercise plan and drink plenty of water.
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dpycroft
    dpycroft Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, I did it back in 2007 to lose weight for rmy wedding. I did it on and off throughout the year aswell as 3+ excercise classes throught the week too. The weeks I didn't do it, I just did elements of it. e.g my lunches were pretty similar to the plan. Over the year and a bit I lost 3 stone. What was good about it was, it forced me to get into the mindset of smaller portions and less calories, so it helped on the 'off' days where I didnt want to over eat. Down sides were it was restrictive and it got boring and my tummy used to rumble a lot! 4 years and 2 children later, I have put the weight back on. I am prefering the MFP way of counting calories as you can eat what you want, so its not boring. And it doesn't seem so hard to stick to. I wouldn't do the 3 day diet again. Its not sustainable for me and not practical if you want to eat/cook with/for other people! But if it works for you. Great.
  • rebz1991
    Options
    It was years ago when I tried the 3-day diet.....and from what I can remember, I had great success....on the 4 days off, I made sure I ate many vegetables and baked meats. Also be sure to continue your exercise plan and drink plenty of water.

thanks !!!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    First of all, that diet (like many others) tries to be one-size-fits-all and does not take individual differences into account. But think about it, a 4'10" woman and a 6'2" woman will need a different amount of calories, obviously. So don't feel bad about tweaking ANY diet to fit your personal needs. Listen to your body: if you're hungry or tired a lot, you're not giving it enough fuel.

Looks like that diet is pretty well-balanced. But if you are hungry & want to go over, I've found that I can eat as much as I want, as long as the foods I binge on are proteins & veggies. Never binge on sugars, grains or starches 'cause those turn straight into fat. But for me it's not the amount of food that counts, it's the type of food. Proteins keep the metabolism going steadily without the spikes & crashes caused by sugars & starches. So I agree with zipporah, I'd suggest focusing on meats, eggs & veggies the other four days.
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Bump!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have to say I am not convinced? This kind of put me off:

"The 3 Day Diet is one of the most popular short-term fad diets around today. Many people adopt the diet to try and achieve short-term weight loss. However, unfortunately most people simply gain the weight back on again"

Also the food doesn't sound that healthy? On my meal planner if I put in 1 cup of vanilla ice-cream it works out as 290 calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    okay everyone, before i get any negative feedback i would just like to say this is how i started my weightloss i was 190 and dropped to 184 in march before cuba and have never gained it back. I do this diet every monday tuesday and wednesday. and then eat more on the thurs-sun, but still healthy choices, I started again this past monday the 11th of july, and was 181.4, today wednesday the 13th i am 178.3 . I do not feel starving when doin this diet, i feel empowered that i can follow such a plan. I workout as well while doin this and burn about 500 cals per day. Im a bit nervous for thurs-sun as i dont have a set plan on what to eat, ive heard great success stories from this diet and cannot wait to progress with more weigh loss as i was at a plateau for 3 months :( . I am posting this to see if anyone has suggestions for the thursday-sunday meals. This is a lifestyle change for me, so it needs to be do-able, i still will eat the foods i want just in smaller portions from thurs-sun and mon-wed are my serious go hard or go home days ! Has anyone else tried this?
    Here is the link for those who want to check it out.
    http://www.everydiet.org/diet/3-day-diet

I've done this before...it's a cardiac diet for patients needing to lose weight quick for surgery. I lost a lil weight. I only did it one time, and felt like I was starving half to death. lol
  • Belfastboy
    Belfastboy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting...I'll have a look at the 3 day diet.
    It seems to me to be ideal after a weekend
    Thanks
    Paul
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    OOOOOOOHHHHH i will check this out when i get home. sounds just what i need thanks
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this, but it sounds good...especially because I am going on a vacation in a couple weeks and really want to be down a couple pounds for that!! Thanks!
  • Bdde
    Bdde Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    whats with the ice cream! Thats weird!
This discussion has been closed.