MFP app for WP problem

Options
Does anyone know why MFP app keeps telling me it can't connect to the site? It lets me add foods and exercises, but I can't see my posts anymore on it so I have to constantly open MFP via browser.

Replies

• ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Im not sure what you mean by WP but I know my app couldnt sync with the desktop for a several days (android). It is fixed now, apparently since an update. Now Im just trying to figure out how to get the newsfeed back on my app since I took it off (when I had no friends on it, there was no point). Have you looked at the known issues, troubleshooting etc pages? Mine was in known issues so i just waited it out (ok not exactly patiently, but still.)
    Your username is hilarious by the way :)<3
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna guess you mean you're using it on a Windows phone?

MFP no longer supports their Windows phone app, which is likely why you are having problems.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2537701-myfitnesspal-has-discontinued-support-of-the-windows-phone-app

~Lyssa
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Is that Windows? This error happens for any app platform they've discontinued. Examples Windows 8 and Blackberry (both my phones). If you delete the app, you cannot redownload it so don't delete it! Be happy you can at least log food and exercise. Under Armour is only continuing the Andriod and iOS apps I believe (so I'm screwed :( ). You can always open your browser on your phone and log into the MFP webpage instead.
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Is that Windows? ... You can always open your browser on your phone and log into the MFP webpage instead.

<does her best wheel of fortune impression complete with claps> "Good answer! Good answer!"
    My bad not thinking OP meant Windows Phone, but that's something I wish I had thought of when I had issues with syncing, and can help with the newsfeed issue I have. I should have thought of it, that's what I do with facebook on my phone- I use the mobile site for the page, but I load the desktop site to read messages and avoid the highly annoying messenger they try to force you into!

• OhMyGodAreAllUsernamesTaken
    Options
    Im not sure what you mean by WP but I know my app couldnt sync with the desktop for a several days (android). It is fixed now, apparently since an update. Now Im just trying to figure out how to get the newsfeed back on my app since I took it off (when I had no friends on it, there was no point). Have you looked at the known issues, troubleshooting etc pages? Mine was in known issues so i just waited it out (ok not exactly patiently, but still.)
    macgurlnet wrote: »

MFP no longer supports their Windows phone app, which is likely why you are having problems.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2537701-myfitnesspal-has-discontinued-support-of-the-windows-phone-app

~Lyssa
    Is that Windows? This error happens for any app platform they've discontinued. Examples Windows 8 and Blackberry (both my phones). If you delete the app, you cannot redownload it so don't delete it! Be happy you can at least log food and exercise. Under Armour is only continuing the Andriod and iOS apps I believe (so I'm screwed :( ). You can always open your browser on your phone and log into the MFP webpage instead.

Thank you all for the help. It is unfortunate that they discontinued support for WP and Blackberry since those are my two favourite options when buying a phone. Good thing I didn't try deleting then downloading the app again. Nonetheless that will not keep me from using MFP every day :)
    Btw feel free to add me, I love helping and supporting people in their journey :)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

~Lyssa

Thank you all for the help. It is unfortunate that they discontinued support for WP and Blackberry since those are my two favourite options when buying a phone. Good thing I didn't try deleting then downloading the app again. Nonetheless that will not keep me from using MFP every day :)
    Btw feel free to add me, I love helping and supporting people in their journey :)

Yeah, I made the mistake of deleting the app on my Windows phone to try to reinstall, and now there's no way to get it back. I still have the blackberry one going (knew not to delete it) but I like the Windows one better. I can't scan a bar code with my Blackberry (some setting in the app is wrong and the camera is always WAY too zoomed in) and it lags a lot every time I click to a different section of the app (often asking me if I want to close the app). My Windows one didn't do that (but I didn't have data on that phone so I needed both).
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yeah, I deleted it too and tried to reinstall. No go. I'm bummed that I can't use my phone. Don't want to buy a NEW phone just to be able to log food easily. I can't lug my computer around, and even if I could, it doesn't read bar codes.

Bummer, bummer, bummer!
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Lagopus wrote: »
    Yeah, I deleted it too and tried to reinstall. No go. I'm bummed that I can't use my phone. Don't want to buy a NEW phone just to be able to log food easily. I can't lug my computer around, and even if I could, it doesn't read bar codes.

Bummer, bummer, bummer!

Apps make it easier, but you can always use the web site in a browser window on your phone as well.
    Options

~Lyssa

Yeah, I made the mistake of deleting the app on my Windows phone to try to reinstall, and now there's no way to get it back. I still have the blackberry one going (knew not to delete it) but I like the Windows one better. I can't scan a bar code with my Blackberry (some setting in the app is wrong and the camera is always WAY too zoomed in) and it lags a lot every time I click to a different section of the app (often asking me if I want to close the app). My Windows one didn't do that (but I didn't have data on that phone so I needed both).

That is too bad, I love using the barcode scanner, it is so useful and quick. But something is better than nothing I guess.
    Options

Bummer, bummer, bummer!

Bummer, bummer, bummer!

Apps make it easier, but you can always use the web site in a browser window on your phone as well.

It is true that apps have more options and are more practical, but no app is worth spending money to buy a new phone. I suppose the best option is to have a tab open in the phone browser.