Calories

Options

Hi everyone,

I was told by this site I wasn't eating enough calories, when I had a gut feeling I was eating too many. What can I do too eat more calories without eating more than I'm suppose too ? Can you help me?

Replies

• lilac_bunny
    lilac_bunny Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I put my meals in mfp before I eat them, sometimes I see its going to be way off what I thought and can a just accordingly. So if I am over I'll do a smaller portion or if I'm under I'll add something like butter or nuts or whatever.
    Sometimes I even put the whole days food in on a morning.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    First, make sure you aren't eating more than you think, as it can happen if you aren't carefully measuring (weighing) your food. If you still aren't meeting the minimum amount, add in some calorie dense items (full fat dairy, nuts/nut butters, even dessert if you need to).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If mfp is saying you're not eating enough, that means it's less than 1200.... so mg question would be, why do you think that's too many?
  • JamieCroyle
    JamieCroyle Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm kinda of depriving myself of foods I could have by thinking I'm not allowed on my diet. Thanks for all your help.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm kinda of depriving myself of foods I could have by thinking I'm not allowed on my diet. Thanks for all your help.

You can eat what you please. You just have to make it fit your calorie goal.

Want pizza? Have a slice or two. Whatever fits your goals. Balance it out with a lower calorie salad to fill you up.

You can eat whatever you want as long as it fits your calorie goals.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    a couple of tips,

- eating food out while perfectly fine sometimes has more salt - so keep up with your water or you may retain water
    - simple carbs may not fill you up for long so with a slice of pizza have a side salad so you get some fiber and bulk
    - plan for protein, water, fiber and fat so you stay full (a full day of simple carbs won't keep you full and you could be out of calories before you know it.

at least these are things that help me.
  • JamieCroyle
    JamieCroyle Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for helping me, I think i"m doing better tracking food and exercise. And I'm eating more of my calories. Thanks again