Why do so many people say they can't reach their calorie goal?

Options
Every time someone posts another thread about how they are on 1200 per day and can't reach that much I just scratch my head. How did you become over weight if you can't eat over 1200 calories. I know me personally I never have trouble eating my calorie goal, and it is much higher than 1200. What is the deal?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Misinformed, perhaps out of ignorance, they are doing it on purpose, some do admit to ED/recovering from ED (sometimes it comes out later in their thread), edited to add: stubborn and picky.

For some they thing think that carbs are evil, fats make them fat and will not fill in their calories for the day regardless..

Honestly I have seen it all ..there is really more than 1 way to answer this question as each case is different.

eta: good news is that some of these are normally eating more than they think, but not always.
  • edena001
    edena001 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    edena001 wrote: »
    I'd also like to add - why didn't you just comment asking, instead of making a rather rude post one minute later ?

Because the op didn't want to hijack your thread and because there are a lot of posts about this not just yours

Replying to a thread being 'I don't know how you don't reach your goals' - try this' would have been useful, posting another entry getting annoyed that people are after advice on an advice forums is the worse option