Clothing brands.. which are your 'go to' favourites?

Options

Replies

• Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I love Country Road and Witchery (in Australia). When I get to my target weight I am going on a massive shopping spree :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I pretty much shop anywhere.

For workout gear:
    Old Navy
    Lululemon
    Bench
    Walmart

For other stuff:
    Bebe (love this stuff !)
    Marciano/Guess
    Dynamite (I think this is a Canadian brand)
    BCBG
    H&M
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    Ummm I shop at the thrift store for most of my clothes so I really don't care or pay attention to the brand

I do like Sirens though also Suzy Sheer two stores in Canada. Oh also I sometimes buy clothes from eBay cause I'm cheap and I also like unique stuff so it's good for finding that

As far as shoes go I only have one name brand pair of boots and that's doc martens all my other boots I really don't know what brand they are

• Backtolovely
    Backtolovely Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love love love forever 21 because all of the clothes are so perfect and exactly the style I like to wear...I used to have panic attacks at that store because I felt I was too fat to wear any of the clothes and they very rarely carry a size large, let alone anything cute in the plus size section, but NOW I fit a medium in all of their clothing since I lost weight. It's perfect, and I'm wearing these cute clothes for the first time ever because when I was at my anorexic weight I was such a mess and cold all time and insecure so I couldn't wear crop tops and cute skater skirts and tall socks, and when I was like 182 pounds I obviously didn't fit into anything cute but I now go to the mall and I bought myself 2 new outfits from forever 21 to celebrate losing 12 pounds. Other than that, if I had more money I would love calvin klein underwear sets, I really like target brands as well because they're so inexpensive
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Wal mart and dolla' sto' brand
    This is me right now. I can't justify spending more than $10 on something that won't fit me in 2 months. Once I get out of plus sizes I'll likely shop thrift stores till I hit goal.

I used to wear mostly American Apparel and Lululemon before I gained weight. Wore Dockers when I had to dress business casual for work, though I'm not sure that was fashion as much as me loathing business casual. I was married in a Betsey Johnson dress and have a goal of looking good in Bebe. Always loved their clothes for dressier stuff but was too skinny fat to look good.

• renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I mainly go to discount stores because it's cheaper, you get more for your money, and if you go to just the right places you can get some pretty good quality things.
    These are the places I shop for either regular clothes or fitness clothes:

Walmart (our Walmart takes back returns from brands they don't even sell)
    Ross
    Old navy
    Flea markets
    Thrift stores
    EBay
    Amazon
    Khols
    Aeropostale

For more pricer things and I'm treating myself then I go for Victoria secret or Nike.

I currently own a pair of high end heels that are Louboutin. They were brand new, my size, and still had the tag on them. They weren't even worn, had no scuffs, or any markings. The tag they had on them said $657, I paid $15 at the thrift store. You'd be surprised what some stuff you can come across.

Overall, if it fits, it's decent looking, comfy, and I like it, then it's a winner in my books.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    renae161 wrote: »
    I mainly go to discount stores because it's cheaper, you get more for your money, and if you go to just the right places you can get some pretty good quality things.

Ross
    Old navy
    Flea markets
    Thrift stores
    EBay
    Amazon
    Khols
    Aeropostale

For more pricer things and I'm treating myself then I go for Victoria secret or Nike.

I currently own a pair of high end heels that are Louboutin. They were brand new, my size, and still had the tag on them. They weren't even worn, had no scuffs, or any markings. The tag they had on them said $657, I paid $15 at the thrift store. You'd be surprised what some stuff you can come across.

Overall, if it fits, it's decent looking, comfy, and I like it, then it's a winner in my books.

$15 for Louboutins??! That's the steal of the century!
    I love me some beautiful shoes. I have a lot of Jimmy Choo's from when I earned a lot and had no kids. They still fit but I don't really have anywhere to wear them nowadays, so they sit in my closet reminding me of the girls I used to be
  • renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    Options

Ross
    Old navy
    Flea markets
    Thrift stores
    EBay
    Amazon
    Khols
    Aeropostale

I love me some beautiful shoes. I have a lot of Jimmy Choo's from when I earned a lot and had no kids. They still fit but I don't really have anywhere to wear them nowadays, so they sit in my closet reminding me of the girls I used to be

Yea, they had 4 different kinds of shoes all my size. I grabbed 3 out of the 4. One of them was marked $90 again I got those ones for $15 too. They're all white and came with a silk pouch for each heel. All were brand new. I only wear them on special occasions like my anniversary or to weddings.

And, who says you still can't wear your Jimmy Choos? Maybe have a "me" day and then just pamper yourself. Set the kids up with sleepovers they can go to and then just relax, make yourself something you love, but haven't had in a while, take a bath, drink some wine, and wear some fancy shoes lol
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

Ross
    Old navy
    Flea markets
    Thrift stores
    EBay
    Amazon
    Khols
    Aeropostale

Wear you're Jimmy Choo's shopping. Somedays I get sick of the mkm uniform and take the boy to his lessons or pick him up at school in nice shoes and outfit . It's fun
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I love clothes :) I don't want to spend a bunch of $$, but I do like to look nice regardless of what I'm doing. When I was losing weight rapidly, I scoured Goodwill to find my favorite stuff for cheap, and now I am just sucking it up, shopping the sales and occasionally paying way too much for a piece that I love.

For work:

Banana Republic
    The Limited
    LOFT

For everyday:

Old Navy (I actually don't find their sizes to be off....)
    Gap

I also buy a LOT of Old Navy workout clothes. They are inexpensive, fit well and do the job. :)
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Tony Lama Boots
    Levi's
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Torrid
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Arc'teryx.
  • wink5572
    wink5572 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I gained nearly 80 pounds with Chemo. I find that Cato clothing fit me the best and are most flattering. They also have a large choice of styles and the prices are great.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I do most of my shopping at Kohl's - decent basics at a good price. I do replacements at this point only: I went and purchased a few sweaters and a couple of jackets for the winter -- Large size to replace the Extra Large I'd worn last winter. I look for bargains and sales.

I like Van Heusen, Arrow, Columbia, Haggar, Lee, Dockers, Chaps, Ralph Lauren. The quality of the Kohl's house brand, Croft & Barrow, is usually pretty good. I don't like things with logos on them - I'm not advertising a company's clothing for them.

I'm not going to spend a lot on clothing until I reach my final weight (one more size down). When I hit that point, I'm going to get me a higher-end wardrobe of dress and casual clothing.
  • 888Butterfly888
    888Butterfly888 Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Torrid

Same.

Also TJ Maxx and Marshall's for me.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    My jeans are all 7 for all Mankind, except for 2 pairs that are True Religion. My work clothes and play clothes are all pretty much from J. Crew. Most of of dress shoes are from Nine West, weekend boots are from Timberland (or of course, my Uggs!). Sneakers are always Converse. Undergarments and pajamas are all from VS/Pink. Socks and pantyhose/tights are all Hue.

My God I'm so basic!!

I have a few 'going out tops' from Express - but that store has gotten real hoochie over the past few years so I really can't shop there anymore :(