Feeling lonely

Options
need someone to support me losing weight :'( have to loss 7 kg to be beautiful * want help

Replies

• llwolford
    llwolford Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    First of all do not need to lose weight to be beautiful. Healthier, more energetic, stronger....but not beautiful. You can do this. If you are just starting, exercise at least 3 to 4 days a week. Eliminate soda, creamer, etc. Keep an honest journal. Most of all love yourself now. You are the one who is brave enough to make a change and ask for help. That is beautiful.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How is losing 7kg going to suddenly make you beautiful?

You need to learn to love yourself regardless of your weight
  • wink5572
    wink5572 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know how she feels I gained 80 pounds with Chemo. I've been doing this diet for two weeks . I've lost 8 pounds. I do not feel pretty. I'm thankful and I praise God that I'm cancer free, but When I see myself in pictures I look so fat. I'm really uncomfortable going out and meeting new people. I find myself apologising for my weight.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    llwolford wrote: »
    First of all do not need to lose weight to be beautiful. Healthier, more energetic, stronger....but not beautiful. You can do this. If you are just starting, exercise at least 3 to 4 days a week. Eliminate soda, creamer, etc. Keep an honest journal. Most of all love yourself now. You are the one who is brave enough to make a change and ask for help. That is beautiful.

@IIwolford is correct on all counts. You are already wonderfully and beautifully made. Don't lose sight of this and focus on your weight loss and fitness for your overall health and well-being.

• keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    wink5572 wrote: »
    I know how she feels I gained 80 pounds with Chemo. I've been doing this diet for two weeks . I've lost 8 pounds. I do not feel pretty. I'm thankful and I praise God that I'm cancer free, but When I see myself in pictures I look so fat. I'm really uncomfortable going out and meeting new people. I find myself apologising for my weight.

Wink5572,
    You are so worthy and beautiful. Keep at it girl. Don't let the "weight" rule your life.
    We all start somewhere! Good luck and it's so awesome your cancer-free.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    need someone to support me losing weight :'( have to loss 7 kg to be beautiful * want help

I agree with those saying to not tie your value into your weight, but I'm not going to harp on it.

I will give you a few suggestions though. I looked through your diary.

There are a lot of quick add calories. Try to log the actual food whenever possible. First, it will help you look at the nutritional aspect of what you are eating. Second, if you have a few days where you are feeling hungrier than others, you can look at the trends over time of how you have been eating, and if you need to increase fibre, proteins, fats, carbs, to help you feel full longer.

Why is your goal set at 1100? The program wouldn't give you that as a goal, which means you chose to override it. It is incredibly difficult to meet all of your nutritional needs on 1200 cal, never mind less than that. That being said, with the number of quick adds and generic foods, you are likely eating more than that anyway.

Make sure you double check the entries that you are choosing. The database is filled with user created entries, and are frequently inaccurate. Inaccurate logging is one of the main reasons people aren't successful in losing weight.

Read a lot. I lurk for a long time before beginning to post. I read, and read, and read. I learned that no food needs to be off limit, that I can have treats now and again, but that having a diet that is filled with treats alone will leave me feeling hungry more often, and will not help meet my nutritional needs. So I adjusted, small changes, over time to begin meeting my needs. This is a great place to start reading and learning:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10260499/i-like-old-posts-and-i-cannot-lie/p1