Trying to get healthy again.

Options
meghanelise8
meghanelise8 Posts: 65 Member
edited October 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, my names Meghan but everyone calls me Meg. I'm a 24 year old nursing student. Over 7 years I've gained 100lbs and am trying desperately to try to lose as much of that as I can. I have pcos so it's a bit hard for me to lose weight and a whole lot easier to gain it. I'm restating my Keto diet. I've been off the wagon for 3 weeks. I was on the diet 2 months and lost 25 lbs though (so far I've gained back 10).

Looking for friends to help support and motivate each other. :)

Nice to meet you all.

Replies

• tinanavid
    tinanavid Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Meg. I'm trying the keto diet as well. Hoping to lose fat and gain muscle (by working out). Wish you luck!
  • scottcitymfr
    scottcitymfr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Meg! I am a nurse also, I remember those student days of eating M & M's and studying. Yep, it's a fact, almost all nursing students gain due to stress eating. You think, I'll take it off when I go to work. Then you find all the chocolates and cakes that the patients and other staff bring! I would love to be on this journey with you. We can do this!
  • LeaLea1976
    LeaLea1976 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Meg, I reactivated my MFP just today because I realized I was spiraling out of control again! I can't figure out why I keep doing this. Get healthy, get comfortable, stop being healthy and feel crappy :( So, Long story short. You aren't alone, and you have plenty of people cheering for you!
  • meghanelise8
    Options
    Hey Meg! I am a nurse also, I remember those student days of eating M & M's and studying. Yep, it's a fact, almost all nursing students gain due to stress eating. You think, I'll take it off when I go to work. Then you find all the chocolates and cakes that the patients and other staff bring! I would love to be on this journey with you. We can do this!

:P it's so hard not to just pick up something quick or to snack. We can definitely do this! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement.

• meghanelise8
    Options
    tinanavid wrote: »
    Hello Meg. I'm trying the keto diet as well. Hoping to lose fat and gain muscle (by working out). Wish you luck!

I really love the Keto diet, once you get some recipes down and you're not just eating bacon and eggs it's awesome. I fell off due to stress from school finals but I'm so excited to get back on it, I had excellent results even the first week. Wish you luck as well, you can do it!

• meghanelise8
    Options
    LeaLea1976 wrote: »
    Hi Meg, I reactivated my MFP just today because I realized I was spiraling out of control again! I can't figure out why I keep doing this. Get healthy, get comfortable, stop being healthy and feel crappy :( So, Long story short. You aren't alone, and you have plenty of people cheering for you!

It's easier to eat bad and quicker but you're only hurting yourself. I had blood work done which kind of made me realize "hey you were doing so good, now look". Once you get a routine going and good recipes it becomes so much easier, I just have to keep my stress levels down and make time for myself and my health, which is my struggle. I'd be happy to help motivate you on your journey. :)