Lunchs? what do u all for lunch?

Options
lookin for ideas for lunchs.. im in a rut..

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Typically I eat a huge salad...box of lettuce, a cucumber, tomato, a protein (tuna, pepperoni, deli turkey), with hot sauce.

This week I prepped a potato, chicken, broccoli and tomatoes. I'm boring. I didn't even season anything.
  • ardysedwardsmcgrath
    ardysedwardsmcgrath Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    do u ever get bored with salads? or seeing the results makes u more to ok i like this! lol.. seasoning probably good u didnt.. sounds good the potato chic broc&tomatoes.. something different. well as long as u like what ur having thats what counts :) makes me wonder if i should jus have that ever day is lettuce&other veggies with a protein
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    do u ever get bored with salads? or seeing the results makes u more to ok i like this! lol.. seasoning probably good u didnt.. sounds good the potato chic broc&tomatoes.. something different. well as long as u like what ur having thats what counts :) makes me wonder if i should jus have that ever day is lettuce&other veggies with a protein

Lunch is fuel. I like vegetables. I don't think too hard about it. Not everything has to be creamy and gourmet.
  • lizandrashaw
    lizandrashaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I do salads every day. I prep on Sundays, so they are the same for the whole week. Last week I had a Mediterranean salad. This week, it's all about the curry. You can do so much.
  • 1nprgr3s
    1nprgr3s Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I usually eat leftovers from the night before for lunch.
  • xaryo
    xaryo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Squash potage with tofu marinating in it plus greek yogourt and oats
  • jaz100_nz
    jaz100_nz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Either salads or a filled roll or a ready made curry and rice. Sometimes I add fruit or yogurt.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I take in either a Tupperware of a batch cooked stew (chicken cacciatore and rice, Mediterranean vegetables, rice and cheese, butternut squash risotto, pulled pork and chorizo with barley, lentil samba, Thai coconut curry and rice) a pack of mixed salad leaves a Greek 0% yogurt and a pack of berries

I batch cook at the weekend ..1 or 2 big dishes, I like www.skinnytaste.com for recipe ideas

I also buy one pot ready meals from the supermarket for when I can't be bothered..never diet version but generally they are portion controlled and 3-400 calories
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches, crispbread, porridge, leftovers, noodles. Milk, yogurt, smoothie, meat, fish, eggs, seafoods. Fruit, veg. Salads just occasionally.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Big salad with protein or a sandwich (on a sandwich thin) and raw veggies, usually. A little boring, but it gets the job done.
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    When I was doing my best at weight loss (fat loss) I was eating soup or sandwich for lunch. Either one full bowl of soup, one big sandwich, or half of either. Make sure it's a brothy soup and not a creamy bisque or chunky chowder.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    I take in either a Tupperware of a batch cooked stew (chicken cacciatore and rice, Mediterranean vegetables, rice and cheese, butternut squash risotto, pulled pork and chorizo with barley, lentil samba, Thai coconut curry and rice) a pack of mixed salad leaves a Greek 0% yogurt and a pack of berries

I batch cook at the weekend ..1 or 2 big dishes, I like www.skinnytaste.com for recipe ideas

I also buy one pot ready meals from the supermarket for when I can't be bothered..never diet version but generally they are portion controlled and 3-400 calories

Same. Usually it's some kind of stew, soup, chili, stir fry, curry, etc that is cooked and frozen in portions over the weekend. I grab whatever I'm in the mood for that morning.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I virtually always eat leftovers for lunch.

When I'm done with dinner, I will put what is left into single-serving sized containers and then just grab those when I'm leaving for work. Sometimes I'll chop some jalapeno peppers to put on top or add a piece of frozen bread or a muffin that will be thawed out by lunch time (when I bake, I will freeze individual servings so they'll last longer), but that's it.
  • mari5466
    mari5466 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've never been very satisfied with a salad for lunch but that's just me although I will eat them on the side with my entree instead of a starch. This week I made homemade buffalo sauce and mixed it with unseasoned shredded chicken and put them on romaine salad leaves, sometimes I do a baked potato with broccoli, fruit and cheese plate, 1/2 sub with a salad on the side, soup and crackers, chicken quinoa pesto and broccoli. I make almost everything homemade and I make 4 lunches Sunday for the whole week and it helps me stay on track. Look on pintrest, I get a lot of ideas on there.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm a salad person too. I like vegetables and I habitually just throw a ton of whatever we have in a large bowl (usually lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, jalapenos, and broccoli, but anything in the vegetable drawer is fair game), add chicken or tuna or a veggie burger/crumble or smoked tofu or egg, and call it a day. I usually do a tbsp of caesar dressing with chicken, lemon and olive oil with tuna, and hot sauce with any of the vegetarian options as dressing, but straight balsamic vinegar is also pretty frequent or a lazy vinaigrette with balsamic, olive oil, and mustard. If I have the balsamic I'll throw some berries in there too if we have some fresh and a little goat cheese.

I dunno...it's easy, it tastes good, it's full of micronutrients and fibre, and it's one less thing to think about, I guess. I add oil/cheese/more protein as needed to fit my goals but other than that it's pretty much a constant rotation of the same choices all the time.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Typically I do leftovers from last night's dinner.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    When I can cook for myself, I almost have saute spinach and mushrooms with a lean protein like chicken or a packet of tuna or salmon. I'll put the meat on crispbread crackers with some laughing cow cheese or mix it with mayo (never both).

I do the tuna/salmon packs quite often, actually, because it's quick and shelf stable and I can toss it into my lunch box. I also do a lot of soup. Progresso Light soups are a favorite, or homemade if I can make a big batch and freeze on the weekends. Egg salad is something else I make ahead and eat throughout the week, although I also eat eggs for breakfast and that can rack up the fat quickly if that's important to you.

I'll also do leftovers from dinner if we have any.

I've experimented with sandwiches on 100 calorie rolls, with some success, but not often as satisfying as I want to be.

The main thing I go for at lunch is making sure I have a protein (usually 2-3 oz), a fat (about 15-28g), two servings of veggies, and a carb l (typically bread or crackers, occasionally potato). I work full time so having easy grab-and-go things and foods I've prepped and planned for is important to me to stay on track.
  • jadorade91
    jadorade91 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If I make time on the weekend or early in the week to meal prep, I usually cook up a healthy soup or casserole or fajita veggies to eat at lunch throughout the week. That is my favorite way to eat lunch, because it's fresh and still savory and filling!

But if I'm having a lazy week, I buy Amy's Light & Lean frozen meals...not fresh, but they have a lot less preservatives than other healthy microwave meals.

I do love having salad for lunch, but I get tired of it quickly, so I only do that every few weeks. I should probably squeeze them in more often!
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Today I had 2 servings of white rice mixed with 2 servings of California blend veggies, a can of chicken and then sweet n sour sauce. With a side of sour cream n onion chips and two fun sized candy bars. Lunch is usually my biggest meal of the day :)