It's hard to resist to Italian food

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm Francesca, 25 years old. As you may figure out from my name, I'm Italian, born and bred in the land of pizza (yay!).
That, to be honest, may be a good or a bad thing depending on the number of pounds one wants to lose, I guess.
Despite loving pizza and despite my mother being the best cook in the world, my real weakness is cookies :'( I just love cookies too much!

I've always been overweight, but after a few months of healthier eating (also thanks to the fact I was in Ireland for six months, which prevented me from enjoying my mum's heavenly cooking) I'm now in my weight range.
What I want to do right now is to get in better shape by exercising (haven't done much of that lately, shame on me) and eat healthier food, since lately I've found myself bingeing on cookies more often than not. Don't like that, I was doing so well! :(

So anyway, I thought I might introduce myself to the community so that I don't feel too alone in this. Nobody around me is struggling with their weight so I need some motivation and healthy pals :)

Replies

• robboughton
    robboughton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I work out most days in some way shape or form.

You have to make working out become part of your life, I am by no means a expert on working out but I feel a lot healthier for it 12 months into my life change.

As for Italian food. Enjoy everything in moderation including your cookies. Not sure if you cook yourself but if you want to make this a lifestyle you will certainly learn to cook. I make a mean meatballs in tomatoes, probably nowhere near as good as your mamas but it works for my calories :)
  • 603PIPER
    603PIPER Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    I hear ya on the pasta, my family is Italian, i love pizza pasta, venetian cookies, so it can be tough to turn it down. But I've been doing the keto diet and have seen some major progress, so that has helped keep me on track. But when it is time for a cheat meal, I splurge with some pasta or pizza.
  • francescacoscia16
    francescacoscia16 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!
    Indeed when I ran in the morning I used to feel much more active and healthier, regardless of the weight I'd lose.
    And (unfortunately) yes, I love cooking, especially baking cakes! I'm getting better at that which is a shame, considering that I can't resist them, they turn out too yummy (not bragging or anything, it's just that when you have a sweet tooth, you just put all of your love in those delicious cakes, mmh)
    Pasta or pizza are a good choice for a rewarding meal, anyway :)
  • ExileFromTheNorth
    ExileFromTheNorth Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    You want us to help you, but seem to have little will power yourself.

You can only lead a horse to water....as the saying goes.
  • francescacoscia16
    Options
    @ExileFromTheNorth I am quite motivated thank you, have been for almost a year now :)
    But recently I felt the need to have a "motivation network", I guess? That's why I decided to join.
    Also, never heard that saying, apparently being here will also help me with my English, two birds one stone, yay :D
  • davidson4029
    davidson4029 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. The more the merrier. I have 35lb Left to go and have lost 21lb so far. Would be happy to have more friends along the way. Xx
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    just-ah say-ah no-ah...... (bet you just read that with your Italian accent......)
  • francescacoscia16
    Options
    @tinuz on my honour I swear I did not! :innocent:
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Well it's hard for me, to resist Italian men; so.... pizza wouldn't be, my problem there! :p
  • francescacoscia16
    Options
    @DeficitDuchess then we should switch countries, never liked Italian men :joy: