Fell off the wagon

SamanthaIrving1990
SamanthaIrving1990 Posts: 24 Member
edited October 2016 in Getting Started
So. I feel off the wagon. :( I went through a big stressful time in my life and I want to get back in the horse....
any suggestions to get yourself back on track? Am I the only one that feels like poop about their weight ? How do you build confidence while the process to lose weight takes time ?

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Been there. In fact, I am smack dab in the middle of an off-the-wagon period. We know what needs to be done, its just a matter of doing it. My suggestion is to decide today to make good decisions. Get through today with solid food choices and some sort of exercise. Once today is done, tomorrow will fall into place.
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    We tend to think that we need to change everything all at once. Start with the basics and make one or two small changes - take a couple of weeks (they say it takes 21 days to form a habit) until you do these things automatically then make a new change. Bit by bit it all comes together. It still takes time for the weight to come off but it will if you commit to making healthy choices.

• bkcjen1
    bkcjen1 Posts: 1 Member
    SamanthaIrving1990:
    This happened to me too, I feel your pain!! But you gotta get back on the horse and start with it again one day at a time again. Planning your meals, eating healthy, writing your calories, as hard as it is to avoid the temptations, drinking lots of water. I think confidence will come in time once you start to see progress. I know weight comes off slow but I look at it as 1lb loss is better then a gain. You have to remember the weight didn't come on over night and you won't lose it over night either. You just have to keep on track and plug away.
    I just started back again today and trying to stay on track and have a positive attitude towards my weight and the way I look, and feel about myself and how much that I weigh. Losing weight and feeling better is something that you do for yourself and no one else.
    So lets do this!

bkcjen1
  • You guys are great thank you !!
  • dwatkins23
    dwatkins23 Posts: 21 Member
    I just recently got back on the horse. Kinda like you, went through a long stressful period, gained about 20 lbs, felt like crap, tired all the time, pants getting too snug O_o. It may be silly, but something that helped motivate me is browsing through Pinterest for health & fitness related stuff, nutritious foods, etc. Haven't started exercising again yet, but have really paid attention to what I've eaten. Baby steps, right?