Replies

• TheFabulousDiva
    TheFabulousDiva Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Cassevans, Lydia and Babedoll1007, welcome to the community!!! <3
  • TheFabulousDiva
    Options
    Mom2moonbear, great advice. I've really got to work on not letting my slip ups linger with me. It's so hard to get the weight off, and so easy to get discouraged. Here's to encouraging one another and staying motivated!
  • AliceWinston
    AliceWinston Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. Baby steps, though it's been 1 step forward and 1 back. I got discouraged last week and blew it off. Didn't seem to matter. Back on again. So, rest of this week, through the weekend, ignore discouragement.
  • TheFabulousDiva
    Options
    We're more than half way through week 2. How's everybody doing? Increasing my water intake has been much harder than I anticipated... On the bright side, tracking is making it easier for me to control my snack portions.
  • anneshields001
    anneshields001 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    May I join in?
  • TheFabulousDiva
    Options
    Absolutely!!! Welcome, Anneshields001!
  • EmmaSurfs
    EmmaSurfs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hope it's not too late to join. My first change is to track my food. I forget to eat and when i don't have regular healthy meals, i gain weight regardless of number of calories (not to mention that bad nutrition = bad health, bad mood, etc. ).

I realize hearing someone say they don't eat enough grates on overeaters struggling with portion control. Rest assured I'm not a little birdy pecking at my food - some medication just messes with me so my clock seems off ☺

My plan is to get some tools and goals in place by end of year so i can start a positive healthy new year.
  • TheFabulousDiva
    Options
    EmmaSurfs, you're more than welcome to join!

Tracking is hard. I struggle with it, but the accountability helps me make better (or informed) choices.

Are you able to eat on a schedule?
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join in to. And for this week I'm going to have no more than 2 slices of bread per day. Bread is a big weakness of mine and it a) makes me hungrier than I was b) invariably has other bad food with it on toast or as a sandwich c) shows how bad my willpower can be! One week and then forever more. I can do this!
  • anneshields001
    anneshields001 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Ok. Here goes!
    This week's small change - track every bite and every glass of water

Have to start somewhere and simply by tracking I'm more conscious!
  • TheFabulousDiva
    Options
    Am_change, welcome to the group!!!! :)
  • TheFabulousDiva
    Options
    Anne, here's to week 3!! I lost my first pound this week since restarting MFP. That gave me some motivation. :)

I had a really hard time increasing my water intake so I'm going to continue working on that. My goal for week 3 is to eat a piece of fruit every day.

What's everyone else doing for week 3?
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My week 3 goal is to buy a tape measure and take measurements on Nov 1st. Then I'll take them on the first of each month so I have something else I'm tracking. When that scale isn't budging as much as I'd like it will be something else to keep me motivated...I hope!
  • TheFabulousDiva
    Options
    Am_change, that's a fantastic idea. When I joined a gym a couple of months ago, they told me to do the same thing. I'm so glad I did. I haven't lost very much weight (yet), but I've lost a few inches. I can even see the difference in my clothes. It's progress, and it helped keep me motivated.
  • byrd107
    byrd107 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great way to ease into this journey. I'm on a 2 week steak of logging my food consumption! I don't always meet my goal but I have stayed close. My first weeks goal will be to drink 3 liters of water daily. I love water, I just don't make a conscious effort to drink enough daily.
  • TheFabulousDiva
    Options
    Welcome, Byrd! I'm also trying to increase my water intake. That's one change I'm struggling with.
  • tamera_g
    tamera_g Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the challenge. My goals are to do some form of exercise every day and to log everything I eat.
  • byrd107
    byrd107 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Byrd! I'm also trying to increase my water intake. That's one change I'm struggling with.

Thank you!
    Water does wonders! Drinking just close to the required amount decreases the amount of sugary drinks you consume. Also helps with appetite control. You'll be too full for bad snacks with a belly full of water lol.
  • tamera_g
    tamera_g Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I did log my calories but didn't exercise. :(
    I did bike with my kids but no intense workout. Hard to find the time with the kids out of school this week.
  • jennyjay2882
    jennyjay2882 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yea I'm in going to do some exercise every day even if it is just 15 minutes. Keep moving !!! That's the plan