Cincinnati Perfect North Slopes Mud-Stash 5k

Options
I'm planning on doing this. Anyone else in the Cincy area interested?

http://www.perfectnorth.com/page.php?pID=32

October 8th 2011 Perfect North Slopes will host the first Mud-Stash obstacle course running event! The event will consist of a 5k run with a variety of challenging obstacles to be conqured throughout the ski area and surrounding property. The obstacles will range from simple hill climbs to mud-crawls and cargo nets, bridges and lots of surprises. The event follows in the spirit of "Tough Mudder™" and "Warrior Dash™" race series. In addition to the Mud-Stash the area will also be hosting a night run, "Exercise the Demons" that will use the lighting Perfect North Slopes uses during the ski season as well as fires, glow sticks etc. There will be live entertainment throughout the day, as well as food service for those who come to cheer on those brave souls competeting. There will also be an After-Party, and Beer Garden. Bring your mustaches and your running gear and get ready for the most challenging 5k Perfect North Slopes has ever seen.

The Mud-Stash course will encompass much of the ski resort as well as some surrounding areas. It will be a 5k (3.1mi) course with man-made obstacles built to slow you down. There will be optional "Easiest Way Down" alternative for some of the more difficult features on the course. These alternative paths will require either some feat of strength, or a slower path as "punishment" for not using an obstacle. You can expect to get wet, muddy, drenched, cold, smokey and straw covered by the end of the course, not to mention tired. Using the Google Map link below you can follow the course and see where you might find the potential obstacles listed below.

Hay-bail Hurdles
Tubing Hill Climb
Who Turned out the lights
Smoldering Bales
Tunnel of Terrible - 30"-36" Culvert Tubes filled with ice
Thread the Needle - Plank walks
Over-n-Unders
Bumper Barrels
Tired Tires
Cargo Net Monkey Bars
Slippery Slope
Damned Up Creek Crawl
Slot Wall Climb
Cliff Hanger
Greased Pyramid
Round Bale Rove
Rushing Rapids
Cable Crossing
Lily Tube Crossing
Ice Climb
Bottle Pit
Mud-Stash
Straw Pyramid
Blind Bale Maze
100% Chance of Showers
Cargo Crawl
Mystery Feature
Tubing Hill Gravel Pit Traps
Car Wash

Replies

• NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I used to live right down the road from Lawrenceburg (and a frequent visitor to Argosy; no I didnt have a problem LOL) and I have never been to Perfect North. I dont do heights so ski lifts are out of the question.
  • bfnp
    bfnp Posts: 58
    Options
    haha I hear ya. I've tried to ski and snowboard but I'm awful, so I stick with snow tubing.
  • bfnp
    bfnp Posts: 58
    Options
    I'm hoping the 100 days of burpees does the trick for whipping me into shape for this. I see no reason it shouldn't at this point.