Keto Diet

Options
Has any one tried it?
I have started today, just having got back from holiday, I have gained a couple of kgs, so looking to get down to a more normal weight by Christmas. I will log it here.
So start weight this morning is
16st 4lbs or 103.4kg or 228lbs
So far today I have had a
Breakfast - 3 egg omelete with cheese
Lunch will be green beans, advocado and salmon or chicken, whatever that have when I get to the shop.

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Apply to join the low carb daily community. It's the one with 30k members.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Ditto, Not many keto'ers post on the main boards. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

And your day looks good so far. :)
  • jamescurrie75
    jamescurrie75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Day 3.

I managed to go over on my carb intake yesterday, 41g instead of the 20g I was aiming for. But so far I have dropped 4lbs in 2 days. This may be just the post holiday detox thing, but either way, I don't feel tired and I seem to be functioning as normal. I had a headache most of yesterday. But that seems to be the only side effect so far.
    I feel full more of the time so the need to snack seems to have subsided.

I will be doing my first lo carb cycle ride tonight, (26 miles) so that should remove any of the glycogen that may be left in my system from the holiday carbs. I hope, so the Keto will then be well on its way to doing what it's supposed to do.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    You have dropped water weight due to reducing carbohydrates.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I too am on day 3, but I've managed to hit the 20 grams of carbs. I figure the first week will be all water weight and not much else
  • calimomma888
    calimomma888 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 4thday and I'm down 4lbs ;)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    The headache is probably low electrolytes from losing some water. Try drinking a cup of broth or using salt tablets. It will help.