Plateau?!

Options
I'm 5'2"- 5'3" or so and I'm currently at 122. I have a lot of fat I can still lose around the stomach area and legs but for some reason I've been stuck at this weight for almost a month now. Any advice how to get past this plateau???

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you counting calories and logging everything as accurately as possible (i.e. using a food scale)?
  • hannahlovespizza_
    hannahlovespizza_ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Are you counting calories and logging everything as accurately as possible (i.e. using a food scale)?
    I don't count calories, I do a low carb diet! I guess I could be more precise in my carb counting though! My goal would be to at least be 115 or 110 if possible!
  • Arapacana1
    Arapacana1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You might find it easier to lose weight if you count your calories. You can do that and still eat low carb.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories, I do a low carb diet! I guess I could be more precise in my carb counting though! My goal would be to at least be 115 or 110 if possible!

Low carb isn't a magic tool. You still need to ensure you're in a calorie deficit, especially as you're likely eating more fats that have a higher amount of calories.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    You are on a calorie counting site, and you don't count calories? So you most likely do not own a food scale either..

Get a food scale, and start counting your calories.. not just carbs, all of them..stick to the calorie goal you setup on MFP...
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Low carb helps with appetite. You can't lose weight if you don't have a caloric deficit. And I don't know a reliable way (at your weight) to stay at a deficit without counting calories and with a digital scale too because at your weight and height you only can make a small deficit so you have to be accurate.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    You're not at a plateau - you're eating at maintenance. To change that, accurately and honestly log your calories to make sure you are in a caloric deficit.

Any advice how to get past this plateau???

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You are relatively short and light. If you are eating in a deficit, it would not be unusual for it to be small enough that you will not see scale movement often, especially if you weigh once per week. At your stats, careful calorie counting and logging (which would include using a scale for all solid foods) would be helpful to ensure that you are eating in a deficit.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options

Start counting calories and hit your calorie goal.

Make sure you get enough protein

You might want to exercise to help burn off the fat- I recommend circuit style weight lifting and hiit cardio (high intensity interval training like sprint intervals, stairs, plyometric exercises, body weight exercises, etc)