Share your Home/basement gyms

Options
I've been trying to convert the back half of my basement into a gym/man cave. Here's some of the progress so far. Trying to get some other ideas so feel free to post pictures of yours. 4h8vsigo8sg3.jpg
2kbg1hszy47v.jpg
sb4lhthdq46c.jpg
e7c8j4p25ddy.jpg
o32dqc6wc9p7.jpg
9q312gnwoh82.jpg

Replies

• shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
  • shellyld2016
    Options
    That's my space above. Not exactly a man cave as my husband doesn't really use it, but I love it.
  • jayres67
    jayres67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's my space above. Not exactly a man cave as my husband doesn't really use it, but I love it.

Like your set up. Is that a Marcy gym system? I was too afraid of scratching the floors in my upstairs and the basement was just convienent.

• shellyld2016
    Options
    No, can't remember the name. I'll look if you want when I get home. I think the only thing I wish it had was a leg press.
    It's nice to have a designated area in the basement to always have ready. Great way to relieve stress!
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    gqs31ev9e8ts.jpg
    8pglpb4dc9mm.jpg

Here is my happy place. Def not a Man Cave as my husband doesn't lift. It's a small bedroom I converted to a workout room. I pull the bench into the power cage for bench press. I have just enough room to stretch or do cardio routines in the area occupied by the bench in the photo.
  • musclesandmusic866
    musclesandmusic866 Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    gqs31ev9e8ts.jpg
    8pglpb4dc9mm.jpg

Here is my happy place. Def not a Man Cave as my husband doesn't lift. It's a small bedroom I converted to a workout room. I pull the bench into the power cage for bench press. I have just enough room to stretch or do cardio routines in the area occupied by the bench in the photo.

With those muscles you got there I would think he would want to start lifting to keep up!!
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Haha, thanks!
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    jayres67 wrote: »
    I've been trying to convert the back half of my basement into a gym/man cave. Here's some of the progress so far. Trying to get some other ideas so feel free to post pictures of yours. 4h8vsigo8sg3.jpg
    2kbg1hszy47v.jpg
    sb4lhthdq46c.jpg
    e7c8j4p25ddy.jpg
    o32dqc6wc9p7.jpg
    9q312gnwoh82.jpg

What are you using for matting?
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    It doesn't get used much any more since I workout at the gym but I do occasionally lift here.

7oal4wlsc02s.jpg
  • shellyld2016
    Options
    @DopeItUp like the tv in the corner. Mine is missing that.
  • robdowns1300
    robdowns1300 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    jbv24yqixecj.jpg

Just a simple set up. I like the dungeon effect. I don't clean it on purpose. Keep it dark. Good stereo though. There's a nice adjustable bench. & somewhere in a corner is a homemade cable pull down that I am not currently using. This does Stronglifts 5x5 unassisted. I have to turn sideways to get the overhead press between the floor joists.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    @azdak Everyone needs a purrrrsonal trainer ;)

I wish I could have an at home gym - maybe someday! Until then, I will continue to creep threads like this and live through you all vicariously.
  • musclesandmusic866
    musclesandmusic866 Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    @azdak Everyone needs a purrrrsonal trainer ;)

I wish I could have an at home gym - maybe someday! Until then, I will continue to creep threads like this and live through you all vicariously.

I'm with you, I wish I had the room. But I do also like going to the gym. Lots of options to switch things up.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,896 Member
    Options
    It's small, but that's OK ... most of our exercise is outdoors. :)

23983650441_edb3e047bd_z.jpg

23958097012_a6d3e0e173.jpg

29855545504_678454abba.jpg

And there's a TV in front of me. :)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    jayres67 wrote: »
    @Jtalaskamom I used horse stall mats for my flooring. They're sold at tractor supply. They are 39.99 for a 4x6 piece. Much cheaper than the fitness companies.

That's what I used in my basement. Entire floor took....14 sheets?
  • crawforgarten
    crawforgarten Posts: 22 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    So my basement is mostly basement with a gym parts wherever i can find room. Our house has like no closet space, so a lot of the basement floor has to do double duty.

In one corner I have my rack, bench, and Christmas decorations. Depending if I'm doing squats or bench press I move the boxes around.
    mh7y727zwsrl.jpg

Near the stairs I have my dumbbells and power tools battery chargers.
    7juccfwvf06d.jpg

And randomly I have my spinning bike. When I need to use my flat bench for things like dumbbell shoulder press or bent arm dumbbell pullover I move the bike and place the bench there.
    22km692zzc2y.jpg

Must state I am hella jealous of everyone elses home gym and cannot wait to move into a bigger house next summer. I'm totally going to get those horse stall mats!