Fitbit really is garbage!

Options

Replies

• raygunn_viola
    raygunn_viola Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I had a polar, and had trouble losing...Got a fitbit and the polar was overestimating my workout by about 300 calories. I have lost 6 pounds pretty quick with fitbit.
  • JSaus13
    JSaus13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I had a FitBit (I can't remember the model at this point) and a few friends had the same one. Two out of the four lasted more than a couple of months. I had mine for about a year, but then I became tired of it's basic abilities and moved to Apple Watch. The only thing I really miss about the FitBit is the fact that it tracked my sleep. I can't really do that with the Apple Watch because it has to charge when I sleep.
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    _NMW wrote: »
    shredcamps wrote: »
    Tomtom spark cardio is the one i settled on after 4 terrible fitbits and a miband

How are you finding it? I'm torn between the TomTom Spark 3 Cardio or the M400 with footpod for treadmills.

i am finding the spark cardio so good i just bought the adventurer. it has some options for snowboarding that will be useful to me.
  • MiniMansell1964
    Options
    That's too bad! I love my Flex, but I can say I've had to replace the band twice already, as I wear it 24/7. The different features have kept me motivated and on my game since receiving it for Christmas last year. Thinking of upgrading for Christmas this year, just not sure what to yet. My daughter has the Charge, and has had nothing but problems, so I'm starting to consider switching brands altogether, like maybe to Garmin. Suggestions and testimonials would be fabulous! xo

Tomtom spark.
    great hardware. the software syncs with myfitnesspal and strava plus others.
  • siraphine
    siraphine Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have the Blaze, and so far it has been working great. I'm sorry you had a bad experience :(
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised to read that heading. My 3 year-old FitBit Zip has been left out in sub-zero temperatures, run over by my car, and nearly "drowned" in the Atlantic, and it's still counting like a champ.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    agusia_b wrote: »
    I love my Garmin Forerunner 235d69u35nksug4.jpg

What face is this?
  • MiniMansell1964
    Options
    I'm surprised to read that heading. My 3 year-old FitBit Zip has been left out in sub-zero temperatures, run over by my car, and nearly "drowned" in the Atlantic, and it's still counting like a champ.

google for the millions of others that have failed. yours is an exception
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    The only I use is a Polar HRM. And then only in a spinning class. None of the FB work for swimming. And the few trackers that come close to being accurate are well over $300.
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Weird.

I've had my FitBit Charge HR for a year and other than signs from obvious wear over that year it functions the same as the day I purchased it. Mine does a pretty good job calculating burns. If you have the original Charge HR you have to use a dongle to sync with a computer and bluetooth to sync with your phone. Every so often my phone has trouble syncing but if I just walk away and come back a few minutes later and try again all is well.

Before the Charge HR I had the original Flex. I loved that except that it was such a huge pain to charge.

I'm looking to upgrade to the Charge 2 here in a few weeks! I love that you can switch out the band.

I think you need to know your own goals to pick a smart watch or fitness band. What works for me might not meet your needs and get you to your goals. I don't want my fitness band to sync with MFP. I've done that before with the Flex and honestly I just don't want to get a whole bunch of extra calories for walking around at work. I would rather log sustained cardio sessions.
  • avygyaru
    avygyaru Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Thank God I have 60 days to return this piece of garbage. It won't sync without the dongle. It worked with mfp for only one day. Not sure why it doesn't work now.

Also, it says I am burning way more calories than I could be. I mean i sit behind a desk all day and I'm not very big. No way I'm burning 2500 calories being as lazy as I am. Especially on days I don't work out.

I know you're sick of the Fitbit but as a LONGTIME user, I feel compelled to reply on two points.

1. Syncing - if you're a Droid user, the latest update requires Bluetooth wearable devices to only sync if your location is turned on. So if your location is off, that's why it's not syncing. Thank Google but don't blame Fitbit.

2. You burn calories just by being alive so that 2500 isn't a stretch at all. Look up TDEE if you're curious.

As for other options, I hear the Samsung Gear 2 is pretty good smart watch based on 2 friends' opinions and a bunch of online reviews.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    shredcamps wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I'm on my third FitBit and loved everyone of them. I'm really hard on my stuff. I have the Surge now but it is starting to look a little worn but it still works great. And I want to add that the FitBit support desk is the best.

well they replaced one of mine but wont replace the replacement.never even received a dongle with my replacement even though I asked for one because I bought the first one off a friend and they lost the dongle. but fitbit seems to help certain people and not everyone. they need to replace defective equipment with a better model as their software stinks too. Ive had nothing but issues and wont buy another fitbit

I had 4 surges. every one had a failure with the strap. the longest lasting one was just over 3 months. they replaced them one at a time and i stuck the broken ones on ebay, generated enough to cover my initial cost and to buy me the tomtom i now use

Yeah, I've had four Fitbit Charge HRs replaced within the last year and a half.. Broken strap twice, lost the charge too quickly and just stopped working... Thankfully they always replaced them with no problems.. Only with my last replacement did they ask me to send back the broken device... Didn't even THINK to sale the broken ones! Do the folks know that they are broken and just fix them themselves?? It's certainly frustrating replacing it every few months but it works SO WELL for me when it's working that I can't let go. Lol

• avygyaru
    avygyaru Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think the reason ALL the newer models have replaceable bands is because they quickly found out the adhesive they used on the old ones was junk and it's cost them $$$$$ in replacements. I had multiple replacements for my Charge HR because of the strap bubbling/peeling up. Now that I have the Blaze, it's not a concern and I absolutely LOVE it.

Side note - OMG Amazon sells way more replacement strap and face options than you can get from Fitbit. So there's another plus.

To the OP - I'm really sorry you had such a bad go of it with Fitbit. I doubt you'll another Blaze but this really is the best thing I've tried and hope you find a wearable you love as much as I love this thing. Whatever helps you achieve your goals!!!
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I hear so many people having issues with their Charge HR...mine is almost a year old and nothing has broken or gone awry. The only issue in the four Fitbits I've ever had has been when I lost my One.

I have the HR2 fitbit and love it!!
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to return this one and go with either the Tom tom or a Garmin. :D
  • cosmicgoddess2
    cosmicgoddess2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use the vivofit by Garmin and absolutely love it. when I had first got it it was so inaccurate but then when I did some research on it it's starts off inaccurate because it actually adjusts itself according to your movements and I have lost 10 pounds Within a month. it is about 90% accurate. Sometimes I will catch it recording the movement here or there but it's not that often. I was told that these devices are to be used as a guideline and are never accurate. But I think mine is pretty accurate.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Vivosmart HR and CANNOT recommend it. Software issues means half the functions don't work. If you track an activity, it will double count the calories burned, which is the real show stopper for me.
    Trying to decide between a VivoActive or the Tom Tom Cardio series. I need waterproof and HR.
  • MiniMansell1964
    Options
    I have the tomtom cardio

Love it
  • willisweight
    willisweight Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had a fitbit but the band kept breaking. I now have a withings watch and tracker it doesn't need to be charged. Look it up. I am also looking for people to challenge in daily walking on withings.
  • AliceSighed
    AliceSighed Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love my Blaze and have no problems with syncing now that I have it all set up right (fingers crossed). Seems to be pretty accurate for my main uses. I have an iPhone, which helps perhaps. I periodically check the heart rate against the treadmill's heart rate monitor at my gym, and it's the same. Obviously it doesn't suit you - just wanted to let others know that it does suit some of us.