If your starting weight was over 200lbs....

Options
My starting weight was 229 and I am currently 202.6, I have lost 26lbs and so happy about that, and I know this might sound crazy, but I don't feel it that much I seem some differences, the more I loose the more I realize how overweight I really was. I assume the more you weigh the more it will take to come off before it becomes very noticeable to ourselves. IDK what do you think, how much did you loose before you noticed??

Replies

• Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel.I noticed on my first 10 lbs,but others around me started noticing at 30 lbs. But i could always tell with my clothes.You are doing great girl btw!!
  • Kassielin13
    Kassielin13 Posts: 263
    Options
    I completely agree! I have only lost 10 lbs and other than my face and my love handles I have to actually look at before and after pics to see much of a difference!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I started at 247.5, and it wasn't until I lost 30 lbs that I noticed it.... even though I was down 3 clothes sizes....!

So, it will soon come....
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 210. It only took 20 pds. for me to notice I'd lost weight. August 1st. will be one year since I started this weight loss. I am now 118 lbs. I am constantly watching and keeping track of everything that goes in my mouth as I DO NOT want to gain even a lb. back. I feel so much better :)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I started at 223 and noticed some changes after losing weight here and there but I didn't see a big difference until I lost about 42 lbs. Maybe because that's when I started to lose in my face and shoulders :D Great job on the 26lb loss!! Keep it up :)
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 229 and I am currently 202.6, I have lost 26lbs and so happy about that, and I know this might sound crazy, but I don't feel it that much I seem some differences, the more I loose the more I realize how overweight I really was. I assume the more you weigh the more it will take to come off before it becomes very noticeable to ourselves. IDK what do you think, how much did you loose before you noticed??

I had to lose about 20 lbs before I noticed, and I still saw myself as a fat guy in the mirror. Kinda still do.

But I really notice the difference in pictures.
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I started at around 202, so only just over the 200lbs mark but I still don't see a difference in the 140's. I think that because mine was such a slow process, I haven't seen the changes (although my friends and coworkers etc certainly have). What's worrying me is that I'll never see the change. I can look back on the pictures of me at my biggest and know I'm not that big now but when I look in the mirror I feel it. It's so strange but I hope when I reach my GW I will feel changed.
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    I started at 251, and I can see more of a difference in the last stone than I could the previous 3. which is great, as it's all happened in the last 10 weeks :D
  • lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    I didn't realize how heavy I was until my mom in 2005 offered to pay for me to go to Weight Watchers. I was offended not because she thought I was fat just because of how she said it but then again I remembered my source, not the Donna Reed mom I'd wished for my entire life. Anywhoo, when I stepped on the scale at 199 (even though I had been 220) during last year or so that is when I noticed and then realized I had a longgggg way to go.

The second time was when I got to my smallest at 151 that year and felt amazing. Now, I just lost the 30lbs regained and I'm 154 and I still feel huge!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I lost about 30lbs in 2009 - and I really noticed it in my face and in clothes that I wore.

Good luck on keeping the scale moving!
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have lost not quite 10 lbs and I can feel it a little in my clothes, but I don't expect it to be noticeable for a while. My first goal to reach 220 by Aug 1 is going well (sort of), I'm hoping that my goal of reaching 200 by Oct 8 will show some noticeable difference.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i lost about 4 stone(50lb) before people started noticing BUT i was BIG!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    when i started, I was at 237lbs....I have lost 29lbs as of this date! I notice that my clothes fit better, my butt haas gotten smaller, my boobs unfortunately have shrunk, and i can easily walk up stairs, whereas before, it was a chore to do so! I still have a LONG way to go b4 I reach my goal of 160, but it's the lil milestones that keep me going :0)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I started at 215 lbs.
    I immediately felt better but didn't notice a difference until about 12 lbs lost. My clothes starting fitting properly instead of cutting off circulation. Others started noticing/commenting on my weightloss at around 30 lbs lost. 30 seems to be the magic number in most cases.
  • keylareed
    keylareed Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was the same way! You have lost so much and it has been hard work to get there. You want people to start noticing! I started noticing after I had lost about 25 lbs. And other people did too. It gets better! As you lose more, each 5-10 lbs. will be noticable in your clothes and by others because each lb. will be a larger percentage of your total body weight.

You are doing great! Congrats on all of your success!!
  • Mother4Jesus
    Mother4Jesus Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm starting at 220 and that is the heaviest i've ever been...I know how heavy I am, which is why i'm here.
    I need some encouraging friends...please add me!!
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I didnt notice until I had to get new pants.. I was able to pull out my 18s then my 16s that i had. that is when ir eally started to notice, But even know i am offically under 200lbs and i have still so far to go!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I have now lost over 60 lbs and I have a really really hard time seeing it. I see it in my face and I can see my collar bones now but that is about it. Everybody tells me that they can see it like crazy but I can't. I am still waiting to see it. So hang in there. I am sure we will both start seeing it soon enough. Hang in there! Even if I can't see it...I can feel it!!! :bigsmile: But I have gone from a size 18 to a 12. I started out at 240lb and am at 179 now.
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 250 lbs and I am currently at 206.4 pounds. I know exactly how you feel. Some days I look in the mirror and think, "wow, you've lost 44 pounds and you still look overweight." It really has opened my eyes to how unhealthy I was before. I would say it took me about 20ish pounds to notice a difference in the way my clothes fit and to start to see a difference in the mirror. I have been taking pictures every coulpe of weeks of my progress and the difference is much more noticeable in pictures. After 15 pounds I was really discouraged when looking in mirrors, but once I decided to compare some pictures, I was ecstatic; there was a huge difference!! Whenever I have a day when I feel like I'm not doing as well as I could or when I'm down on myself, I look at my beginning and current pictures and reflect on how far I've come. Just remember: You are stronger today than you were yesterday and tomorrow you will be stronger than you are today. Congrats on all of your success so far! Keep up the great work; we're all rooting for you!

Molly
  • Nikki_GodzPrincess
    Options
    I still struggle to see it and I;ve lost 85lbs. The best way I can see it is in pictures and in my clothes.In looking at myself I dont really see it in my face, or in my body as much. I try so hard too and I think after a while of staring my mind says "Oh yea theres a difference" but that could be my mind playing tricks on me LOL.

Congrats on losing 26lbs though, that in itself is amazing. Dont get discouraged and definitely DON'T GIVE UP!!!! You will see results little by little. It's harder for us to see it because we see ourselves everyday. Be encouraged