What's the longest in time you've ever driven non stop?

Options
13»

Replies

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I drove 34 hours non-stop. Well, I stopped for gas and when I made gas stops I went to the bathroom. Those stops took less than 10 minutes, sometimes less than 5.

@usmcmp
    And why did you drive for 34 hours?

• Karen_DisneyFan
    Karen_DisneyFan Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    16 1/2 hours with 3 teenage girls in the back of the mini-van... driving from Akron Ohio to Disney World in Florida. Would do it again in a heartbeat! I love to drive and *REALLY* love Disney ºoº
  • AnnyisOK
    AnnyisOK Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    12 hours. Of course had to stop for gas and potty breaks, but other than that, a straight drive from Oklahoma to New Orleans.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    I drove 34 hours non-stop. Well, I stopped for gas and when I made gas stops I went to the bathroom. Those stops took less than 10 minutes, sometimes less than 5.

@usmcmp

@Jimb376mfp I was moving across the country. Driving is an easy way to get your car from coast to coast.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    i don't really remember the unbroken-driving times. but i drove across the province to see one of those guys-on-your-bucket-list do a concert. i slept beside the highway for a few hours afterwards and pretty much turned around and came home. i'd done this job interview just before i left, and i felt weird knowing the recruiters might be trying to contact me.

got home and discovered that i had a new job but it wasn't going to start for about another week. so i did laundry, bought more cheerios and went straight back. during the first concert i'd discovered that someone even higher up on my bucket list was doing a one-night show in the same place just a few days later. it was a little bit tense but i got there in time. first and second solo road trips of my entire life in the course of idk, probably four or five days.

then i came home and spent the next six months working for the government. :p
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options

@usmcmp

@Jimb376mfp I was moving across the country. Driving is an easy way to get your car from coast to coast.

@usmcmp
    Yes, I have driven to many of my 12 new "move" locations; drove from VA to CA, AK to VA, and many other shorter moves but NEVER drove for 34 hours straight.

The question is why would someone do that? It sounds unsafe, dangerous and difficult to understand unless it was some emergency or urgent deadline.
    34 hours would require something to keep you awake and I don't mean coffee or Red Bull!

Semper Fi
    I'm the proud father of a Marine.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    19 hours - would have been shorter if it wasn't for a snow storm
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    24 hours after 3 hours of sleep, from DC to the bottom of Florida. It was a mistake. I started to jump at shadows on the road.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    15 hours from alberta to burnaby. i promise to myself that i won't drive that long again. but i use to drive 24 hours back when i was driving a taxi, i was young, strong and healthy back then...
  • one1fast68
    one1fast68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    27 hours with stops for gas, no extra pee breaks. 15 hours straight through, no gas stops or pee breaks. Last long trip was to CO in a Jeep, 19 hours and 7 stops for gas. :neutral:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

@usmcmp

@usmcmp
    Yes, I have driven to many of my 12 new "move" locations; drove from VA to CA, AK to VA, and many other shorter moves but NEVER drove for 34 hours straight.

The question is why would someone do that? It sounds unsafe, dangerous and difficult to understand unless it was some emergency or urgent deadline.
    34 hours would require something to keep you awake and I don't mean coffee or Red Bull!

Semper Fi
    I'm the proud father of a Marine.

I used zero caffeine. I was used to working long shifts and barely sleeping. I didn't feel tired at any point and I never swayed or drifted out of my lane. Not everyone can handle that and it would be harder now, just six years later. At no time was I a danger to myself or others. I know my limits and I could have lasted longer.