What's the longest in time you've ever driven non stop?

Options
It amazes me how some people can drive longer than others.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I drove 34 hours non-stop. Well, I stopped for gas and when I made gas stops I went to the bathroom. Those stops took less than 10 minutes, sometimes less than 5.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    About 3 hours. Home to school in Miami. I could probably drive longer, but I've never done a road trip before without old people with weak bladders.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    4 hrs
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    13 hours from North Dakota to Oklahoma city.
  • Hadvab
    Hadvab Posts: 36 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    12-13 hours From West Virginia to Connecticut. Only stopped to eat, pee, and gas up. Which is normally done in one stop or I eat on the drive.
  • Hadvab
    Hadvab Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I drove 34 hours non-stop. Well, I stopped for gas and when I made gas stops I went to the bathroom. Those stops took less than 10 minutes, sometimes less than 5.

That's a pretty long period, don't think I could do it. Kudos to you! :) Where were you driving from and to? I'm curious.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    8 hours. I was not so impressed with myself, but with my niece riding with me. If I was 17 she'd have been 12. We did not stop even once for a restroom. We were driving from my brother's home in El Dorado, Kansas to my parents home in Texas.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Hadvab wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »

That's a pretty long period, don't think I could do it. Kudos to you! :) Where were you driving from and to? I'm curious.

Baltimore, Maryland to Boise, Idaho.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    17.5 hours plattsburgh ny to tampa fl... about 1400 miles, stops for gas drinks and bathroom
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    43 hours with only gas stops, one hour rest at a rest stop in Illinois. I don't recommend it.

ETA: I was driving from Virginia Beach, VA to Parma, ID. I've driven it several times now, by myself and with my husband. I hate it more and more each time.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You guys know that there are these flying machines called: Airplanes, right?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Yeah... I like driving too.

6 hours is about the cutoff time between driving or flying.

I once drove from Atlanta to Los Angeles and if I recall, that trip took about 7 hours.

..... I drive pretty fast.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    9 hours?

.... okay, 10.

I stopped in Albuquerque for a taco.
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    You guys know that there are these flying machines called: Airplanes, right?

Yeah but when you have two dogs and a cat that have to go too, flying gets way too expensive really damn fast. And one of my dogs won't poop while traveling, hence the no stopping unless necessary. I try to get there as fast as possible so she doesn't just explode.