What's the longest in time you've ever driven non stop?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    Probably Chicken Tacos from Los Pollos Hermanos
  • Enspiria
    Enspiria Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    22 hours from Kansas to San Jose on a motorcycle, no stops.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Kassie..... you have a very smart dog. Freeway rest stops can be rather disgusting.
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    knelson095 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    You guys know that there are these flying machines called: Airplanes, right?

Yeah but when you have two dogs and a cat that have to go too, flying gets way too expensive really damn fast. And one of my dogs won't poop while traveling, hence the no stopping unless necessary. I try to get there as fast as possible so she doesn't just explode.

Your dog can hold it for 43 hours?

Ugh yes. I can't tell how many times I've walked laps around rest stops trying to get her to go. It's infuriating. Last time we got to my parents house and she took the most massive crap as soon as we got there. Unfortunately it was in their dining room...
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Enspiria wrote: »
    Enspiria wrote: »

There's a good chance that you are going to win this thread.

If you rode thru Nevada on a bike, you definitely win.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I once flew into Denver just in time to experience one of the worst winter storms to hit the Rockies. I had a 4 wheel drive car as a rental and was snowed in at my hotel for 3 days. Against all recommendations, I decided to take my chances and drive back to Phoenix. It was a burning hell driving through the mountains. 20 hours later, I rolled into Arizona.

I've been back to Denver since but not by choice.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    You guys know that there are these flying machines called: Airplanes, right?

Yeah but when you have two dogs and a cat that have to go too, flying gets way too expensive really damn fast. And one of my dogs won't poop while traveling, hence the no stopping unless necessary. I try to get there as fast as possible so she doesn't just explode.

Your dog can hold it for 43 hours?

Ugh yes. I can't tell how many times I've walked laps around rest stops trying to get her to go. It's infuriating. Last time we got to my parents house and she took the most massive crap as soon as we got there. Unfortunately it was in their dining room...

Lmfao
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Probably just a couple of hours in a blizzard to get to a skating competition.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    15 1/2 hrs. Just gas station stops for food and gas. Vegas to Oklahoma City.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    24 hours Seattle to Las Vegas stopping only for gas. We were out of money and couldn't afford a motel for the night. I think I'm the only person to ever say that about driving to Vegas. I also drove to Texas from Las Vegas and back a few days later only stopping for gas, food, and old people potty breaks. I think that was about 16 hours. I used to deliver pizza for 10 hour shifts so long highway drives are easy and relaxing to me.
  • EricNewark
    EricNewark Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    About 22 hrs from Daytona beach to Chicago. Made it to souther Illinois and had to stop. Just got comfy in back of van when a massive thunderstorm rolled in and wife freaked so I had to take back over driving. Don't remember most of the way from there but made it.

Past that now I don't do over about 12 hrs at a time anymore. We go to Florida now each year and now I try to get a couple hours of rest in along the way. Wife can't drive at night.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I've done close to 17 but find around 14 is my personal interest limit. Just did a quick turn around from Surprise AZ to San Antonio and Back, which is about 15 hours each way with very short breaks for gas and food. Worse is doing long hauls like that alone.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Drove 10 hours straight with only two stops for gas/restroom. Then I had to make multiple trips to my chiropractor to fix what it did to my back.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options