Help! Excruciating stomache pains while on keto,

Options
2»

Replies

• not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    syi510 wrote: »
    The u all for the tips. So today I had a coffee with mct and felt a slight cramp for about a few hours. I did not eat breakfast since I was scared to eat. I waited 9 hrs after the coffee and ate my usual breakfast(2 eggs bacon avocado, 1 slice of cheddar and added 3 oz of steamed broccoli with evoo) so far no stomach pains what's so ever. It seems that I only get stomach pains and the runs in the mornings if I do eat. I did make an appointment to see a gastroenterologist to check out my tummy in couple of days. Wish me luck guys and gals. I am sad because I think I might have to stop the keto/lchf diet

Cross that bridge when you come to it. There are all kinds of reasons why you could be having problems.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I would skip the next in your coffee and see if you feel better
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I had something similar happening to me but when I started doing the whole 30, which somehow lead me to eat a lot of fats, nuts, coconut oil etc... on top of that I had a terrible allergy (not relating to my diet) that made me feel miserably... but the stomach pain I attributed it to the fats... very weird... never happened to me before... last time I did Atkins a million years ago I felt very good
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    AngelinaB_ wrote: »
    I had something similar happening to me but when I started doing the whole 30, which somehow lead me to eat a lot of fats, nuts, coconut oil etc... on top of that I had a terrible allergy (not relating to my diet) that made me feel miserably... but the stomach pain I attributed it to the fats... very weird... never happened to me before... last time I did Atkins a million years ago I felt very good

As far as I know, Atkins didn't tell people to drink coconut oil.

Yes, no coconut oil on Atkins. I was thinking that "fats" in general were the cause of making me feel sick this time, but could have been the coconut oil and the nuts. A lot of avocado perhaps. Couldn't figure out what gave me stomach pain.