Question for girls only please!

Options
flgirlsteph
flgirlsteph Posts: 125 Member
Ok So long story short I was married 3 years and never wore condoms with my ex husband. Since Ive ended my marriage Ive slept with 2 guys one being my ex which i didnt use a condom with and had no issues. The next was just a stupid moment and i did use a condom but every since I used the condom I think i might be allergic to condoms...What are the symptoms of an allergy to them..Yes i know this is a fitness forum but ive seen worse posted on here lol. Any help would be great... no nasty comments either please!

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic. I get itchy and sore (raw-like) at the same time.
  • sassaflash88
    Options
    Was it a latex condom? Because you may just be starting a latex sensitivity/allergy (latex allergies are exposure based and can happen at any time)

I have a severe latex allergy and can only use non-latex everything (condoms being one of them). There are a LOT of non-latex choices out there, made from polyurethane. Bit more expensive, but they're coming down in price.

Hope that helps!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It could be a latex allergy. Do you get a reaction with latex exam gloves or balloons? If it is something internal it could be something else (rougher sex, too much sex in one night...) I've had it happen (in my early 20's) with a bf that was a sex fanatic and wanted it constantly and several times a night. I got so swollen I could barely pee!! Hope you are feeling better soon!!!!!!
  • flinchyny
    flinchyny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well, a latex allergy is a latex allergy ... so if you're allergic to latex condoms you'd also be allergic to other latex products like band-aids. I would check to see if these condoms were lubricated or have spermicide on them -- it's likely that something like that could be causing your problem (and to answer your question, an allergy would present as rednesss, itching, etc., though other conditions can cause these symptoms as well, so if the symptoms didn't resolve themselves, it'd be a good idea to get checked out by a doc).
  • linscave
    linscave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Latex allergy is quite common. Any itching or redness, or irritation, swelling may be symptoms of a latex allergy. You can buy latex free condoms. Even so I would have an STI screen done 1st to rule out any infection and if that is clear it may well be a latex allergy!
    Good Luck
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic. I get itchy and sore (raw-like) at the same time.

This happens to me as well. I don't think it's the latex though, I think it's lubricated condoms that I'm allergic to. It feels terrible but nothing I can't live with!
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Just adding my two cents ...
    It may be the lubricant that you are having problems with. I would check that out.

I am allergic to Non-Oxyl 9 (a spermicide that is used in quite a few products on the market) and it causes redness, itching, swelling simular to a very bad yeast infection,
  • flgirlsteph
    Options
    Well there were 2 different kinds one was latex and the other was latex with spermicide i think. I've used condoms before rarely but i have i hate them i always seem to get a little reaction. But I did have alot of sex in one weekend so i guess it would be that as well. who knows all i know is it hurts lol!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I did have alot of sex in one weekend so i guess it would be that as well. who knows all i know is it hurts lol!

You bad girl.

Oops wait, this was a girls only topic. Pretend I didn't say anything.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what exactly of regular condoms I was allergic to but I tried Bare from Durex and I was fine with those
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I know this is a girls only topic but Id rather beat it than use condoms.

ETA: Nothing is better than a girl telling you how much she hurts after sex. [I tear it up]
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

ETA: Nothing is better than a girl telling you how much she hurts after sex. [I tear it up]

You are so gonna burn for that comment.
  • NA_Willie
    Options
    You are so gonna burn for that comment.
    At least we will know that both above comments are true.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to latex and spermicide (which is more common than a latex allergy)

Symptoms would be itching, pain, "drying up" and yeast infections. I use Lifestyles "Skyn" with no problems :smile:
  • flgirlsteph
    Options

LMAO well its not the rough self because im a huge fan of that.
  • flgirlsteph
    Options
    I did have alot of sex in one weekend so i guess it would be that as well. who knows all i know is it hurts lol!

You bad girl.

Oops wait, this was a girls only topic. Pretend I didn't say anything.

yup Avalonis i sure was!
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options

And you can go right ahead.
  • flgirlsteph
    Options

And you can go right ahead.

rofl i cant say much i freaking hate condoms myself but hey what can u do when ur newly single after 3 yrs of not having to wear them.
  • NA_Willie
    Options
    Im just saying Ive had sex with condoms like maybe five times (I wasnt nailing prostitutes for Gods sake) and it was terrible every time. The only redeeming thing was I was able to bust inside. Other than that Id rather beat it while playing with her titties.