Vegan diets

Options
Just wondering if anyone on here is vegetarian vegan. I've been vegetarian for about a month now and could really like some meal ideas and support in this journey.

Replies

• tenacioup
    tenacioup Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is a great resource for Vegan/Vegetarian
  • Booksandoceans
    Booksandoceans Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am! The happy herbivores group on here isn't bad.
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan! My favourite meals are hummus sandwiches with avocado and veggies, peanut butter and jam sandwiches, tofu stirfries, smoothies... yum :)
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Try the Vegan for Her book. Lots of ideas on basic nutrition and how to plan meals. Also, How Not to Die is a pretty good read.
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan too you can add me. I like bean-based soups, tofu stir fries or curries, taco night, salads. "Vegan with a vengeance" is my favorite cookbook at the moment.
  • andieslosingit
    andieslosingit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love Forks Over Knives and Vegan Richa. They are my favourite! My hubby and I are vegan and four kids are vegetarian. My diary is public if you are looking for meal ideas. :smile:
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Veganomican has great recipes
  • SideshowTam
    SideshowTam Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm vego, but really try to consistently eat vegan, I guess I'm transitioning? The only thing I eat thats non-vegan is cheese every now and then, just cos its in the house and I haven't kicked the habit yet!

Instagram and blogs are the way to go, for sure, and the ones listed above are really good, also check out Thug Kitchen, Minimalist Baker, The Vegan 8. If you like to cook it will be much easier to maintain the lifestyle and not get bored :)

Make sure you mix up your diet, seeing as you're relatively new to vegetarianism you will want to avoid getting bored of the same things all the time, but definitely find a few favourite recipes that will always satisfy you that you can rely on. If you can vegify/veganise your favourite omni meals, thats a great way to go as well. For me, Mexican dishes like tacos and burritos are a super easy thing to make vegetarian and still taste soooo so good. Same with Indian curries. When in doubt, add chickpeas, that's my motto. Chickpeas are life since becoming vego! :smile:

• Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Things with chich peas like houmus and falaffel. Tofu is great, too!
  • gnatseyelashes
    gnatseyelashes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am nearly always vegetarian (raised vegetarian), every once in a while I have seafood,
    but 95% of the time - vegetarian. I find dairy makes me ache, (cheese not so much) so
    I don't eat milk, cream, yogurt etc.

I eat a lot of beans, rice, vegetables - some eggs and fruit for dessert.

• Aurora_Lia
    Aurora_Lia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I really liked the "Oh She Glows" cookbook!