Weigh-In every morning

Options
I can't get out the habit of standing on the scales EVERY morning. Knowing I have lost the tiniest amount each day gives me the motivation to keep going. I've lost 40 lbs in 66 days so it's working for me.
I'm curious as to how many other members weigh themselves every day.

Replies

• barni71
    barni71 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning but I am aware that over the weekend the scales will go up a bit but as long as by the following Friday morning that extra weight (and hopefully a bit more) has come off then I'm happy.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing myself just about every morning for the past 30 years. I see no reason to stop.
  • vagonbrei
    vagonbrei Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I go with a weekly weigh in. I find it gives me a chance to workout any slip ups in during the week.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of weighing every day once at goal.. to make sure the pounds don't creep. As for weighing during weight loss it becomes a personal thing, Real slow progress on the scale can demotivate and give some of us a reason to quit or self sabotage. Others get motivated by lack of progress.

Right now I don't weigh... I will at some point when I am closer to my goal and I know it won't affect my determination. I'm thinking of weighing on day 125 of my fitness journey. That's about 30 days away.. i'm down a size since I started.

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Daily weigh ins for me too!
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I do. It helps me keep at it when I can see the fluctuations caused by different foods/drinks the day before. It is very satisfying to see the bloat from the weekend reducing daily back to normal!!

I log my Thursday weight as a general rule to ensure that I am comparing myself at the same point each week.

I feel that weighing daily keeps my motivation up, rather than jumping on once a week and beating myself up for not losing anything without understanding previous fluctuations leading into my official weigh day.

This is exactly how I do it. I used to only weigh in once, and if I didn't lose, or gained, never had an understanding as to why. Now i just look back on yesterday.
  • ekubo42
    ekubo42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can't get out the habit of standing on the scales EVERY morning. Knowing I have lost the tiniest amount each day gives me the motivation to keep going. I've lost 40 lbs in 66 days so it's working for me.

I do the same as well. I have been logging my weight into a spreadsheet. The graph spikes up and down but it's slowly going down.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with daily weighing.
    There's a lot wrong with letting the number you see on the scales make or ruin your day though!

Would caution that when people get to maintenance it's not unusual for people to miss the reward of seeing "progress".

Second cautionary note - that's a very, very fast rate of loss. Hope that's not driven by wanting to see progress daily?
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I've been a daily weigher for years and it's part of my maintenance plan.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I do it, mostly because I'm new and fascinated by the process of tracking and losing weight. But I also know that minor weight fluctuations up won't freak me out. I like to track it and figure out what might have caused it. Who knew sodium really does affect water retention :D I'll probably drop to once a week in a month or two.

That is a huge amount of weight in a very short time. I hope you have some medical supervision?
  • bigmuney
    bigmuney Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I do it twice a day
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I weight after the first trip to the toilet. Trendweight is neat
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. It just keeps me motivated, and it helps me keep track of my normal fluctuations.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to give it up if is working for you???

• lisalewis7588
    lisalewis7588 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and log it in the Libra app. I know some people get caught up in the daily fluctuations but I never have. As long as my trendline is still heading in the right direction, I'm happy.
  • SDB210
    SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day too. If I've had a good day previously and kept to my calorie goal I actually wake up and feel excited to get on the scale. And even if I've had a not so good day previously, I know to expect it to be up a bit and I feel quite happy if it's not jumped up as much as I expected. It really doesn't bother me when it spikes up a bit because I have the trend tracked on happy scale.
    Oh and I also get reeally excited when it's stayed the same for a few days as I know I'm about to get a big woosh downwards coming very soon! :blush: