what's your go-to breakfast?

Options
nks798
nks798 Posts: 71 Member
new to this site, looking for new ideas. my normal is a bagel thin with low fat cream cheese, an egg on toast, pb on toast, cereal with ff milk, breakfast bar and fruit, etc. what keeps you fuller longer? I am needing to cut back on carbs and protein, thanks!

Replies

• MeganJo
    MeganJo Posts: 69
    Options
    Chobani greek yogurt with fresh strawberries & blueberries! Yum!

& a liter of water
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I have eaten an egg, egg white on whole wheat toast almost the whole time. I'm trying to mix it up so this week I've been eating an egg on a 100 calorie English muffin with a piece of cheese. Today I had an egg, egg white and a bowl of Kashi go lean with skim milk.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    oatmeal is good (the regular/old fashion/steel cut- not instant).
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    it changes every day, almost, but i really like whole wheat toast w/ a light laughing cow swiss wedge & maybe an orange or some juice. simple but gets me going :)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt with granola and a banana or oatmeal with whey protein, banana and almond milk.
  • traceysturn
    traceysturn Posts: 196
    Options
    Instant oatmeal w/ a tbsp of crunchy peanut butter. Keep me goin til lunch!
  • PinUpMommy
    PinUpMommy Posts: 94
    Options
    I like having toast and chobani yogurt and a protein smoothie. That keeps me full for ages. :-)
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean with almond milk during the week... and on the weekend scrambled eggs with feta, spinach and whole wheat toast.
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person, nor can I eat when I first get up. So I do a Cliff bar and coffee on my way to work and then mid morning I snack on a serving of almonds.
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Don't cut back on protein - that is what will keep you full!

I like oatmeal with pnut butter and banana or 2 eggs with an Arnolds sandwich thin or a protein shake made with frozen fruit of some kind.
  • JenniferLynWhat
    Options
    Egg whites, toast and fruit =] Healthy and balanced to start the day right
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    3 fried eggs
  • theome
    theome Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Just had two egg whites on a salt free rice cake but I'll admit its not always enough for me.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    half a cantaloupe w/ cottage cheese and egg/egg whites & toast
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Whole eggs and wheat bread. It doesn't get any better than that.
  • wjassell
    wjassell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    16oz Chobani Vanilla Yogurt.
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Egg white, spinach, and cheese quiche. I make one up and then have a piece each morning til it's gone. Protein, low cal, low carbs, yummy.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Dunkin Donuts iced coffee with skim milk and splenda with an egg white and cheese wrap. Or a a extra fiber brown sugar pop tart...depends on my mood. But always the coffee =)
  • LilChickPea
    LilChickPea Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have an egg, with a piece of low fat cheese on an english muffin or thin bagel. With it I have some sort of fruit and a luna protein bar. I usually have this every morning. I change it up once in awhile.
  • www_getfitrx_com
    Options
    I second Megan ...

I recently transitioned to smoothies ... I was NEVER a fan of the smoothie concept ... I always thought it was a waste of calories and not filling enough ... but I was wrong ...

I now have a low-carb protein smoothie shake - and add fresh fruit and so forth ... so I can just hop in the car and "eat" while I drive ... and easy clean up ...

The best part of smoothies? I hide everything in the first meal of the day ... I throw in my Multivitamin, D vitamin, B vitamin, Flax oil, Omega-3's ... and other stuff ... and make my first meal a Health Blast ... then no matter what I do the rest of the day - I know my body has all the nutrients it needs ... for exercise and health. It's a win-win ...