This midriff has seen the light of day!!!

Options
CassieLEO
CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
Soooo, I feel like its time to post a success story. My journey isnt 100% complete, as I still have 10 pounds to lose until I hit my goal of 135 pounds. I was 185, fat, unhealthy and just had pretty low self esteem about how bad my body looked. I was awful lazy and always had a excuse to not lose the weight.
Well, I am not sure what kicked in, but I decided that enough was enough and I worked my butt off for the last 4 months or so to lose 40 pounds. I do Zumba, Zumba Toning, Weight training, Sprint Intervals, P90X (sporatically, because right now with work, my family, and everything else, I dont have time)...I moved from eating a pretty clean diet about a week ago to eating low carb, because I want to finally shred these last 10 pounds off this body. I make sure I take my vitamins, drink my water, get 7-8 hours of sleep a night and rest when my body needs it. Ive become a exercise addict, and I figure that this is better than sitting on my butt watching TV. Watching TV does NOTHING for me health wise. So, I hardly watch it anymore. Plus, this gives me a reason to NOT sit around snacking.
Anywho, today is a major milestone for me. I wore a sports bra and some leggings when I went running today!!! I never would have thought, even at the begining of this journey, that my midriff would ever see the light of day again. Obviously if you look at my profile picture, you can tell it hasnt had ANY sun for quite some time!!! 15 YEARS to be exact! (I currently have a wicked bad sunburn on my face and shoulders from a beach day yesterday!!!)
I also have found that in the last 2 weeks I have gotten much more Ab definition since ive been running more often, So I am super excited about that.
The only kicker is, I had two 9+ pound babies and 65 pound weight gains in pregnancy and it stretched the hell out of my belly, so I have a ton of stretchmarks and lose skin (the mama pouch) but it isnt too bad anymore. I thought that would never go away!
All in all, I am super excited about how this journey is winding up, and cant wait to get down to my goal weight! My profile picture is of me today, after a run. (notice my day-glow belly LMAO!)
I couldnt have done this without the daily support from my fabulous MFP friends. You guys are all amazing and I HAVE to give you guys credit where credit is due, I couldnt have come this far without your support and love!!!
I am always looking for great inspiring friends who are supportive or need some support. If you would like to add me, please feel free to do so! Have a good day everyone!!!! -Cassie!

Replies

• davis22b
    davis22b Posts: 31
    Options
    good job!! keep it up, i wanted to look into zumba for the wii, but haven't gotten that far yet.

I have tons of work out videos I should be doing lol
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success and kudos for your hard work to get there!

I still watch TV, but now I do it while riding my stationary bike. :smile:
  • Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    Options
    Good job on the 40 pounds!!
  • allready_gone
    Options
    Congratulations!! I aspire to a similar picture in the near future. :happy:
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    That is awesome! You sound a lot like me. That was my starting weight (3 years ago) and your goal and mine are the same. I want to start running but I'm so freaking lazy it's not funny! Your post inspired me....thanks and contrats again~
  • KayyB13
    KayyB13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great job!! That is def one of my goals, to be that person running down the street in their sports bra and shorts that people driving by in their cars envy!! Hahah :)
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Well, I have to say Cassie, you are indeed an inspiration. Now I know that you are of course proud of all the pounds shed, but I notice other things much more. Namely, all the daily work you do becoming and staying fit. Love your Zumba stories you share from time to time. your constant striving to try different exercises, to keep challenging yourself. That has such an impact. Secondly your awareness of good eating, trying different clean food combos, like your paleo adventure recently. With those things in place the weight is really secondary. You have become a fit, more confident individual with the muscles to back it up:). Proud of ya. Be well.
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Inspiring Cassie!!! I have no doubt that you will get rid of those pesky 10 lbs. Go Cassie!!!:happy:
  • mags1983
    mags1983 Posts: 21
    Options
    Congratulations! I came back from 9 months traveling, 2.5 stone heavier and I have now lost 19 pounds. Its a great feeling to lose the weight and feel proud of you and your body.. Also mentally exercise is so damn addictive! I just wish I could do some running but i tore ligaments in my ankle in Feb so running is to high impact at the moment but I know it is great for the abs.. Keep it up!!
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Cassie! You are doing great! Your determination and good health will be a blessing to your family as well. Congrats!
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You look great! Way to go!
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You are almost there!! GREAT work Cassie!! You. Look. Good!!
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Cassie, you are my inspiration every day. You look great already and I know it is just a matter of time and you will be 10 lbs lighter. I can't wait to be able say that about myself.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    You guys are so sweet!!!!!! Thank you so much for the nice compliments!!! :heart: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!