Replacements for candy?

Options
I'm really weak when it comes to candy. It's right in front of me in the office and it makes it super difficult for me to NOT eat it. Doing so I always end up exceeding my sugar and fat intake. What are some healthy alternatives that I could bring to work to snack on when the urge hits?

Replies

• Rawr619
    Rawr619 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Fruit.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Banana with a little honey and cinnamon drizzled on it. Delicious....

Give it time. Before you know it you won't even think about it when you see candy.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I have dark chocolate protein bars at my desk. I have one of those when my coworkers are eating treats.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    There are a number of companies that sell xylitol based candies that are really good. Yummy Earth is about half and half. Half of what they make uses organic sugar, the other half of what they make uses xylitol (read the labels). They have hard candies and softer ones. Ice Chips is another xylitol based candy. If you need something sweet, these really hit the spot without the artificial sweetner aftertaste (I mean both brands hit the spot).
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I have a protein bar every day that is pretty close to a candy bar in flavor. I budget it into my macros and it helps my candy cravings be satisfied because it's like eating a candy bar each day. Granted, some protein bars suck flavor wise, but there are a few out there that you could mistake for a candy bar if you didn't realize it. Look for some of the baked ones.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I also get free candy and snacks at work. At the beginning of my weight loss journey, I budgeted a little piece of candy. A Kiss is 25 calories. A Snicker's Mini is 45. I even learned that 100 calories of Snickers is better nutrition than 100 calories of Nature Valley granola. After a few weeks of dutifully eating a Kiss at work, one day I decided I didn't want it and after that I quit budgeting for it. It works.
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Not easy to do. Sugar and salt flow freely at my workplace. It's beginning to show on some of the gals figures, however when we all live together as we do, we really do not notice the changes on one another unless one does not participate. I wait until the end of the day; for my Organic Fudge Bar 90 calories, low in sugar and fat.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Try frozen grapes. They're really good. You can put some in zip-lock bags and pop them in the freezer - or just put the whole bunch of grapes in the freezer.
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I found out that Nutella helps with a sweet tooth. It taste like Hershey's chocolate.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's not the end of the world to go over on sugar and fat as long as your calories are on point.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Well, switch that sugar to fiber on my diary..

Next allow a few pieces, log those pieces and do not go back to the candy jar/bowl.. Ok to have a few, put some self control and discipline in to your plan.. Sorry but sometimes you just GFD it.
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    becky10rp wrote: »
    Try frozen grapes. They're really good. You can put some in zip-lock bags and pop them in the freezer - or just put the whole bunch of grapes in the freezer.

I second this....I just did this last night with some organic grapes I found on sale for $1.88/lb. at Sprouts
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Yoplait whipped Greek yogurt - vanilla cupcake flavor. Low calorie, high protein, sweet, delicious.
    It's the next best thing to eating straight frosting.