Weight watchers points

Options
Can anyone tell me how to display the points system weight watchers uses in MFP?

Replies

• Tea_A_Holic
    Tea_A_Holic Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of going back to weight watchers, well debating between them and slimming world, even though I have been to weight Watchers when they did pro points.
    Do you find doing W.W and MFP is helping at all? Anyone?
  • Mirelle242
    Mirelle242 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm using WW and I wouldn't be losing without them! The successful part of ww to me is the community and accountability. Lord knows I needed that. But the mixture between WW and mfp has been helping me tremendously
  • Tea_A_Holic
    Options
    @Mirelle242 thank you for your response, really helpful.
    Just wondering, as @indyjune has already asked and sorry if I am repeating, but Can anyone tell me how to display the points system weight watchers uses in MFP?
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    MFP and WW are industry competitors. I highly doubt WW would share their proprietary point system with MFP without substantial compensation, which I am going to guess MFP has little need for and no desire to do.
  • Tea_A_Holic
    Options
    @CyberTone thank you for a very quick response x
  • Tea_A_Holic
    Options
    @Mirelle242
    Hey I'm using WW and I wouldn't be losing without them! The successful part of ww to me is the community and accountability. Lord knows I needed that. But the mixture between WW and mfp has been helping me tremendously
    @Mirelle242 Many thanks for your reply, sorry I didnt respond before. My mind is made up now. WW here I come! lol
  • Mirelle242
    Mirelle242 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    @Mirelle242
    @Mirelle242 Many thanks for your reply, sorry I didnt respond before. My mind is made up now. WW here I come! lol
    Awesome I hope u love it as much as I do
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    If you count calories you don't need to count points. Calorie counting is more accurate anyways. You could still probably attend WW meetings for support & community/accountability aspect. I don't know if myfitnesspal has a points system conversion, I kind of doubt it.
  • Tea_A_Holic
    Options
    Weight Watchers didnt pan out as slimming world are a lot closer to me and i can walk there either from home or work and have a choice of 2 classes on the same day. Will be starting tomorrow (16.11.16
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Not sure if the points system has changed, but it used to be cal/50 + fat/4 - fiber/5 = ww points

So, if you list cal, fat, and fiber in your diary, you should be able to do the math pretty easily.
  • ammie805
    ammie805 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    indyjune wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how to display the points system weight watchers uses in MFP?

If u are still looking to use a WW point calculator, look up an app called Ultimate Food Value Diary. It's 3.99 and uses the PP system like WW. I'm actually using that and MFP.

• SunshineChristmasCat
    Options
    ammie805 wrote: »
    indyjune wrote: »

If u are still looking to use a WW point calculator, look up an app called Ultimate Food Value Diary. It's 3.99 and uses the PP system like WW. I'm actually using that and MFP.

@ammie805 , do you know how much Ultimate Food Value Diary costs for the premium plan. (That is the only way to do the newest points system with them.) They simply don't list the fee anywhere, although they make it clear you have to pay extra each month. Thanks!