Weigh day!!

Options
Can't wait to get weighed on Saturday, hope it's a good result :)

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Ok
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    For me, every day is weigh day, and each weigh day is just one in a long, long row. When I know what I'm doing and mostly make good decisions, I get a good result.
  • warcup666
    warcup666 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    For me, every day is weigh day, and each weigh day is just one in a long, long row. When I know what I'm doing and mostly make good decisions, I get a good result.

Hey! Do you get weighed every day?? How ya getting on?
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    A lot of people on here, myself included, weigh daily to track trends and get used to fluctuations.
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    warcup666 wrote: »

I weigh myself on my own scales - 20 bucks :p
    I'm not sure what you mean by "getting on" (English is not my first language) :#
  • warcup666
    Options

I'm not sure what you mean by "getting on" (English is not my first language) :#

Lol, I mean how's your progress, results , goals? :smiley:
  • warcup666
    Options
    A lot of people on here, myself included, weigh daily to track trends and get used to fluctuations.

Iv never done that I always weigh weekly, I'll probably be disappointed if I gained one day then eat rubbish rest of day lol X
  • kommodevaran
    Options

Oh - thanks :) I'm in maintenance, been for two years after losing 50 or so pounds - so my progress is 0 - but that is also my goal, so I'm very happy with my results ;)
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Iv never done that I always weigh weekly, I'll probably be disappointed if I gained one day then eat rubbish rest of day lol X

Just so you realize what you are interested in (I assume) is loss of fat. Loss of fat doesn't always mean loss of weight on a day to day or even week to week basis. Its quite possible on any given week despite losing fat that you will gain weight, just realize thats possible so you aren't dissapointed if that happens. After all, scales just measure your overall weight...not how much fat you have lost.
  • warcup666
    Options

Oh - thanks :) I'm in maintenance, been for two years after losing 50 or so pounds - so my progress is 0 - but that is also my goal, so I'm very happy with my results ;)

That's fab well done!
  • warcup666
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »

Just so you realize what you are interested in (I assume) is loss of fat. Loss of fat doesn't always mean loss of weight on a day to day or even week to week basis. Its quite possible on any given week despite losing fat that you will gain weight, just realize thats possible so you aren't dissapointed if that happens. After all, scales just measure your overall weight...not how much fat you have lost.

Hiya!! Yeah interested in fat loss, Awww thank you for that advice, will keep it in mind. I have been good this week so fingers crossed x
  • ericwhitt
    ericwhitt Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yeah you risk the chance of weighing on a day where you're retaining more water, or bloated and skewing your actual progress by only doing it 1x a week. That's kind of like the equivalent of checking the weather on Saturday to see how hot it was all week.
  • warcup666
    Options

Hiya!! Yeah interested in fat loss, Awww thank you for that advice, will keep it in mind. I have been good this week so fingers crossed x

Well..okay, but being good has nothing to do with it of course. Your body can fluctuate many many pounds in weight due to water retention regardless of what you eat. You could eat nothing for a week and weigh more at the end of the week than where you started. Its what your weight does over long periods of time that will tell you if you are on the right track so don't let any one measurement make you feel like you are "good" or "bad".

Awwww OK hun thank you, do you think I should get weighed daily then?? X
  • warcup666
    Options
    ericwhitt wrote: »
    Yeah you risk the chance of weighing on a day where you're retaining more water, or bloated and skewing your actual progress by only doing it 1x a week. That's kind of like the equivalent of checking the weather on Saturday to see how hot it was all week.

Hahaha that's true lol X
  • Cifucanguess
    Cifucanguess Posts: 175 Member
    Options

When would you start doing that? Would it be in maintenance stage?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. I started as soon as I started trying to lose. I am in maintenance now and still weigh daily. Weekly weigh ins wouldn't work for me. I would be too disappointed if I hadn't lost or had gained from one Saturday to the next. Daily weighing let's me see the trend so even if I am retaining water I know I am headed in the right direction.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Well..okay, but being good has nothing to do with it of course. Your body can fluctuate many many pounds in weight due to water retention regardless of what you eat. You could eat nothing for a week and weigh more at the end of the week than where you started. Its what your weight does over long periods of time that will tell you if you are on the right track so don't let any one measurement make you feel like you are "good" or "bad".

Weigh whenver you feel like it but don't be emotionally attached to each individual result. Its the cumulation of the results over time that matters, ie whether or not over time your weight is generally decreasing. Individual times your weight might be higher than it had been, thats normal...whether you weigh daily or weekly.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

Weigh whenver you feel like it but don't be emotionally attached to each individual result. Its the cumulation of the results over time that matters, ie whether or not over time your weight is generally decreasing. Individual times your weight might be higher than it had been, thats normal...whether you weigh daily or weekly.

This right here. Regardless of how good you are, your weight is going to fluctuate quite a bit. Don't worry about it. Just keep on keeping on and you will be fine. Mine went up quite a bit last week and I really don't know why. It peaked on Sunday but by Wednesday it dropped 13 pounds and all that fluctuation was just water.