what's your go-to breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, I mix some fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries or cherries) and Bear Naked Fit (Vanilla almond crunch) granola together with greek yogurt and so yummy....

OR....

whole wheat toast with no salt peanut butter and a sliced banana.
  • kristinathenina
    Options
    my favorite is 3 egg whites scrambled with mrs. dash southwest and 2 tbls fat free cheddar- spread /4 cup fat free refried beans on a whole wheat tortilla (80 cal) and top with a couple table spoons of salsa- roll up and enjoy breakfast burrito bliss. This normally keeps me full for hours as its so high in protein and fiber. Mine comes out to about 200 calories depending which tortilla I use.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Shakeology with a Tbsp of peanut butter.
    Egg whites with whatever veggies I have on hand and a little cheese with 1 slice whole wheat toast.
    Kashi Go Lean Almond & Flax with Fat free milk
    Multi-Grain Cheerios (dry) with 2 hard boiled eggs
    Plain non-fat Greek Chobani with one of my homemade healthy pumpkin muffins
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have pretty hectic mornings with all the kids, and most days I was lucky to have a drink in the morning, let alone eat. So my husband and I started making protein shakes in the morning, 1 scoop of Gourmet Whey, 1/2 a banana, 1/2 cup skim milk and 1/2 cup water, and recently we've been adding a small spoon of peanut butter too. Very good and filling!

Katie
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Today I had a smoothie (homemade) and 2 boiled eggs. That kept me full until lunch time, usually I'd have a snack in between but didn't feel the need to today. :-)
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    My go to's:

Whole grain english muffin with egg white, reduced fat cheese, and 2 slices of canadian bacon or regular bacon. Throw in some fruit.

Plain oatmeal with 1 egg and 2 egg whites scrambled. Throw in some fruit.

1 slice whole grain toast with 2 eggs over medium and 2 slices of bacon. Throw in some fruit.

1 slice whole grain toast with butter and simply fruit, 1 egg and 2 egg whites scrambled, and 2 slices of bacon.

1 egg and 2 egg white omelet with turkey or chicken, reduced-fat cheese, and whatever veggies I have. 1 slice of whole grain toast and a piece of fruit or some Oikos yogurt.

I try to eat a big breakfast.
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    blue berries, or peaches.. eat as many as you want
  • hosment
    hosment Posts: 12
    Options
    I just have cereal with semi skimmed milk, it's quick and fills me up. As others have said, don't cut down the protein- it keeps you full and is good for weight loss as long as not combined with fat or too many carbs. Just changing your milk to skimmed or semi skimmed from whole should be helpful!
    Good luck! :smile:
  • azingale
    azingale Posts: 74
    Options
    Lately it's been a cup of low-fat plain Greek yogurt. Sometimes I add flax seed or honey, and sometimes not. Also, I always have coffee. Since starting MFP I've been drinking it black.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I think its carb-y but I've been loving oatmeal with a pint of fresh raspberries a a bit of brown sugar. Also love eggs with diced fresh chili peppers in them.
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    When I'm short on time and resources (the usual eggs, cheddar, and turkey sausage w/green peppers and garlic), I fix a bowl of plain oatmeal and stir in a packet of Justin's Maple Almond Butter. I almost always keep both in stock.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    When I'm short on time and resources (the usual eggs, cheddar, and turkey sausage w/green peppers and garlic), I fix a bowl of plain oatmeal and stir in a packet of Justin's Maple Almond Butter. I almost always keep both in stock.

omg I am in heaven when I eat oatmeal with the honey almond butter. <3 justins soooo much.
  • zakkthebear
    zakkthebear Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    1 egg, 8 egg whites scrabbled + one slice American cheese + 1 red pepper
  • tabbids
    tabbids Posts: 4
    Options
    I do an EAS shake(Energy Athletes Strength), they are around $4 for 4, 17 g of protein, 2g of carbs,no sat or trans fat either. I also have a coffee & a cup of strawberries.
    I have also done smoothies with low carb Slimfast (strawberry) & used almond milk (less calories than skim) with fruit and sometimes cold milled ground golden flax seed. --depends on if you can stand the texture!
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    new to this site, looking for new ideas. my normal is a bagel thin with low fat cream cheese, an egg on toast, pb on toast, cereal with ff milk, breakfast bar and fruit, etc. what keeps you fuller longer? I am needing to cut back on carbs and protein, thanks!

Don't know why you would have to cut back on proteins, just to let you know MFP settings are set really really low for protein so if you are going over on their original settings, it does not mean much, you may have to tweek it.

But question at hand...5 -6 egg whites with lots of veggies some cheese and a high fiber/low carb tortillia or English muffin, it will keep you full for a long time and it's yummy.
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs (or liquid eggs) and a slice of White American Cheese melted in.
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean with almond milk during the week... and on the weekend scrambled eggs with feta, spinach and whole wheat toast.

yum to the weekend breakfast!

my weekday breakfast is activia rasberry yogurt and kashi go lean crunch mixed in! love it somedays a banana too!
    weekends - I splurge and do a wheat english muffin toasted with peanut butter.. heaven! :)

or eggs with wheat english muffin and one slice of american cheese :)
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Also, protein and fiber will help keep you fuller longer, so don't cut back on your protein.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    why do you NEED to cut back on carbs and protein? That only leaves fat, and while fats isn't bad for you it doesn't supply you with the building blocks that protein does.
  • nks798
    nks798 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm having to cut back on protein bc I am eating too much of it. I know that protein keeps me fuller longer as well as fiber. I have lost 40 pounds on another program but now, I have 10 left and I wanted to try something else to kick up my weight loss bc I had been slacking.. really just losing motivation. this is different than my old program, so when I enter my normal, I am over my protein.