4 pounds gained since yesterday!

Options
Lorilynn_37
Lorilynn_37 Posts: 87 Member
edited November 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Yesterday I weighed 174 pounds, I got on the scale today and I weighed 178.8
Makes me sad :(
I haven't had my weight go back up even by 2 pds since I started this in June. So for me it's hard to figure out. Could it normalize overnight?
I do the whole weigh in the same clothes same time every morning thing.. what do you guys think?

Replies

• Lorilynn_37
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I can gain 5 pounds over night from eating extra sodium, higher carbs, or around my period. It's normal, just drink some extra water and make sure your calories are accurate.

And that could be the case.. I know I ate more carbs yesterday than normal but geez lol
  • Lorilynn_37
    Options
    maeggggan wrote: »
    If you weigh yourself everyday, than it is just normal body fluctuations.

Yes it normally fluctuates like 1 or 2 pounds. This is just the first time it was that far off.. oh well maybe my body will work magic overnight haha
  • Lorilynn_37
    Options
    Arapacana1 wrote: »
    For women, it is not uncommon to gain several pounds during time of month or during ovulation. It's just water weight and will come right off again.

Thank you! I hope that's the case :)
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate 14000 calories above your maintenance (which would be really impressive), it's not "real" weight. Did you have a lot of sodium yesterday? We're you really dehydrated when you weighed in at 174? There are a lot of things that affect your weight. As long as the overall trend is downward, don't let a few higher days discourage you. An app like Libra (for Androids) or Happy Scale (for iOS) can help see the trend if you don't have something like that already.
  • Lorilynn_37
    Options
    koslowkj wrote: »
    Unless you ate 14000 calories above your maintenance (which would be really impressive), it's not "real" weight. Did you have a lot of sodium yesterday? We're you really dehydrated when you weighed in at 174? There are a lot of things that affect your weight. As long as the overall trend is downward, don't let a few higher days discourage you. An app like Libra (for Androids) or Happy Scale (for iOS) can help see the trend if you don't have something like that already.

Possibly yes! My eating was off yesterday, I just didn't expect to see that big of a difference.
    I will check out those apps though thank you!
  • Lorilynn_37
    Options
    alyssa0061 wrote: »
    I ate Chinese food and was up six pounds the next day. By day four it was gone

That's good to hear!!
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Sodium is most likely, esp if you ate packaged and/or restaurant food. Drink extra h2o tomorrow and watch the sodium and I bet it'll be gone as soon as it arrived!!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and my weight seldom fluctuates more than 1#/day. If it does, it's due to detained, gut, bowel & /or urinary weight, which is usually resolved by the following day.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Probably water weight or your scale could be dying or have low battery. Always step on a few more times if the number is crazy.

Unless you ate 16,800 calories above maintenance yesterday it's just water weight or waste in your digestive tract yet to be eliminated.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I was up 2 lb today and I'm going to blame it on the banana bread I had late yesterday.