Replacements for candy?

Options

Replies

• KWlosingit
    KWlosingit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I found out that Nutella helps with a sweet tooth. It taste like Hershey's chocolate.

I heard on the news a couple of nights ago that Nutella has more sugar than chocolate frosting (the kind of frosting in the plastic can at the grocery story).

They also said that most instant oatmeal (flavored) has more sugar than fruit loops.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yoplait whipped Greek yogurt - vanilla cupcake flavor. Low calorie, high protein, sweet, delicious.
    It's the next best thing to eating straight frosting.

I was hoping I would like this.......not impressed.

I like the coconut macaroon one though
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    These are all great options! I'm having the same issue. I quit drinking a little less than a month ago (I was a SERIOUS drinker) and my sugar cravings are out of control. I never even thought about sweets before but now they seem to be all I can think about. I have recently found muscle milk (a protein shake) and some of them are pretty good and taste sweet. It gets the sweet tooth taken care of and gives me an extra shot of protein which I really needed to increase any way. I hope you find something that works for you OP!
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Colt1835 wrote: »
    I found out that Nutella helps with a sweet tooth. It taste like Hershey's chocolate.

You might want to check the date on your jar of Nutella.

Lol no it's brand new that's just how it tastes to me! But thanks lol
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Gum. If I'm chewing on something I don't think of food. If I'm not eating or drinking at work, there's gum in my mouth. I really should take out stock in Orbit. :)
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    sometimes I'll drink about 16 oz of water and then drink a coke zero. It keeps me full for a while and it has a sweet taste.

When I actually want food, I go for a protein bar. They're like candy bars, but they do a much better job of keeping me full. My favorite ones are pure protein chocolate peanut caramel.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I second the Greek yogurt recommendation (I like the strawberry cheesecake flavor, often with some PB2 mixed in). Cocoa-roasted almonds are another good one -- that's what I keep at my desk for when I'm tempted to snag candy or brownies.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    I only like sweet once in a while, so i looked at the sugar free candies & got some Werthers carmels, really good. 150 call for 5 pieces
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    740p wrote: »
    I'm really weak when it comes to candy. It's right in front of me in the office and it makes it super difficult for me to NOT eat it. Doing so I always end up exceeding my sugar and fat intake. What are some healthy alternatives that I could bring to work to snack on when the urge hits?

These kind of dilemmas are why only track my calorie and protein intake. Everything else just seemed like excess data that was not going to effect my results in any meaningful way.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    forgot to add that hubby loves candy so i've been getting him the hershey's minis, sugar free
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Candy! No kidding, I keep Trader Joe mini tiny peanut butter cups for just this reason. Serving size is 27 pieces and 210 calories. So I eat 4, log 31 calories, and still feel like I got a treat.

If you have portion control issues, keep them in the freezer and only have a few out thawed at any one time.

Also, there's always 1 or 2 people who want to avoid treats in my office - so we just store the sweet stuff accessible but out of sight. That way people eat if they want it, but the ones who don't don't have to look at it all day.
  • k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a cup of hot chocolate after dinner! It feels filling and satisfies my sweet tooth for around 80 calories- the same as a fun-sized snickers.
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I personally like dark chocolate- or just treat yourself with some candy every once in a while :) You don't need to cut anything out!
    Fruit (especially berries) are a great day to day candy substitute if you want to be healthy, but real candy in moderation is fine too :)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I just eat the candy. But, I only have it while I'm training. I don't even want it any other time.
  • LasVegasOrange14
    Options
    I am a huge fan of organic dried mango from Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. It is wicked hard to chew sometimes, but sooooo delicious.
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have been enjoying tea instead -- I particularly like roobois chai and lemon ginger. I did chew gum and drink diet soda instead, but it gave me terrible gas so no more! Also, I eat 4 to 5 smaller meals a day so I'm not hungry and that helps a lot. There is always crappy food at my office everywhere so I just try not to focus on it.
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Fruit! Naturally sweet and you'll reset your sweet tooth. Melon, apples- grapes are very sweet but portion them out- any fruits you like!!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Get some candy that doesn't tempt you a lot. I found a candy called Scoorchers a while back. They're sweet, they taste good but they're covered in cayenne, so you don't usually want another one.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Frozen berries are good.