Has anyone done this diet?

Options
I'm starting this diet. Has anyone else done this? https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    A lot of people here do low carb and find success. I believe there is a group here.

I would like to note that you say you are "starting" this diet, meaning this isn't how you normally eat. I would also suggest that you look at just counting calories and continue to eat the things you normally eat.

Restricting foods works for some and others stick better to their normal foods and just fit them in their calorie allotment.

Good luck!
  • changingleemfp
    changingleemfp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started on the first! There are several Keto subreddits that have been helpful for me.

MFP is great for macros. I doubt I would have made it to day three without it!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Join the group, it's a very popular diet on MFP and it might be for you or it might not but they can help you find out.
  • janekana
    janekana Posts: 151 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Before you start, it's best to point out that if you're only doing this as a diet and not a lifestyle change, it's going to be quite hard once you reach your weight loss goals.

Will you continue keto even after reaching your goals? Or will you switch back to eating carbs?

It makes a difference, and though it's not as bad as juice diets, I feel like that kind of mentality of changing what you eat only until you reach your goals is what causes people to yo-yo in weight.

That said, a lot of people have expressed that keto has helped them a lot. If you feel like you can give up eating a lot of carbs in favour of fat, even after your weight loss goal, I say go for it.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Yes. Go to the group linked above. There are hundreds of active low carbers who post there.

I've been doing it for about a year and a half and have enjoyed it and found it to be helpful to my health and weight loss.
  • crippledhalo
    crippledhalo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I plan on making it a lifestyle change :) thank you everyone!!!