Irritating ads

Options
Resumed using this and very irritated by all the ads for beer etc and Walmart contests interrupting my food searches etc...so irritating I despise all theses ads

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I wish I got beer ads, I get adult diaper and waist trimmer ads. LOL
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    ads are based on your recent search history.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    kd_mazur wrote: »

Not always.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    radoncrn53 wrote: »
    Resumed using this and very irritated by all the ads for beer etc and Walmart contests interrupting my food searches etc...so irritating I despise all theses ads

Upgrade to premium
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    kd_mazur wrote: »

That makes sense to me! Too much beer and beer belly and no place to go!! :D
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    The last ad I got was for OPI Bar protein bar.. I must have searched Protein Bars.. but I didn't..
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Current ads are for vaseline, aleve, and subaru's, haven't searched for any of those ever. I have seen some ads that come close to some of my recent searches, but most of them are way out of left field. I also saw the OPI protein bar one earlier.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    The last ad I got was for OPI Bar protein bar.. I must have searched Protein Bars.. but I didn't..

Or you clicked on a thread here that mentioned protein bars? From my understanding these things are more sophisticated than they used to be. I like my *avocado* blocker.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Use an ad blocker? I've never seen ads on here.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Or you clicked on a thread here that mentioned protein bars? From my understanding these things are more sophisticated than they used to be. I like my *avocado* blocker.

You can target multiple ways: Audience, Contextually, Category, Behaviorally, Geographically, Topic, Retargeting, Local Content, Premium News, etc.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Heh, I never actually notice the ads. I am so used to tuning out visual clutter online that I couldn't tell you what they have been showing me. Maybe I spent too much time on the internet...
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have Aleve currently, but for many days recently it's been the cat treadmill. Made me laugh every time. What self-respecting cat would run on a treadmill?
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    makingmark wrote: »
    Current ads are for vaseline, aleve, and subaru's, haven't searched for any of those ever. I have seen some ads that come close to some of my recent searches, but most of them are way out of left field. I also saw the OPI protein bar one earlier.

But it sounds like you could have a lot of fun in the back seat.
  • zenaxe
    zenaxe Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Before rhis site was bought out it didn't have rhis stuff. Now you get the ads and have a pay to play premium account. Not sure if premium is better or not. But it changed once it changed hands