My bracelet motivation trick

Options
There are times when I feel I am wavering a bit from my healthy lifestyle. So I went out and bought some cheap bangle bracelets (gold, silver and black). I stack them on my right wrist - BLACK for WATER, GOLD for FRUIT, and SILVER for VEGGIES. I usually stack 6 black, 3 gold and lots of silver. Throughout the day, as I have a serving of any of the three, I move the bracelet from the right wrist to the left. I know how far I have to go. I do this when I may not have access to my food diary for the day or traveling. Sometimes I do it just to keep me honest. It can be as customized to you as you want it to be. Hope it helps!!

Replies

• yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Nice idea :)
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I do bracelets too, but fabric ones the kids have made, I have one on my wrist for each 10lbs I want to lose, every 10 lbs I cut one off, feels good to see them go!!
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Sounds pretty cool and yet fashionable!
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    That's a cool idea!
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    I love both ideas!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • vodkaswigger
    vodkaswigger Posts: 467
    Options
    I do bracelets too, but fabric ones the kids have made, I have one on my wrist for each 10lbs I want to lose, every 10 lbs I cut one off, feels good to see them go!!

Love this, how fab xx
  • JoinerMaus
    JoinerMaus Posts: 44
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    This is AMAZINGLY smart...I love it, now only to find bracelets that I can slip over my hand. They get stuck on my bone by my thumb...hopefully not for long. :) I can modify this idea.
  • heatherseona
    heatherseona Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have heard that people add them on as they lose weight as a reminder of where they have been and not to go back.
  • megan4487
    megan4487 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Those are both awesome ideas...thanks!!!
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I found them at the dollar store. No worries if they break. It's cheap yet practical.
  • Nicole_0001
    Nicole_0001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I love this!! Im going to try with anklets :)
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I love this!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Great ideas for a visual reminder..... I could use something about now! :sad: :grumble:

Thanks and best of luck to everyone! :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • Terri_74
    Terri_74 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I LOVE these ideas!! gonna have to get me some bracelets!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • iamhopeful
    iamhopeful Posts: 25
    Options
    I have heard that people add them on as they lose weight as a reminder of where they have been and not to go back.

I like this adding them idea a lot too! As I think on this concept, it could also be a goal to "earn" a bracelet for every 5 or 10 pounds lost, depending on your weight loss goals (especially if you invest a small 10k , 14k or sterling silver kind) huh? And if you gain the 10 pounds back, you have to take it off as a "punishment" and restart again! I may really have to try this!
  • K251
    K251 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who did that! I actually wear a ring on my thumb to remind me to eat healthy...when ever I'm tempted I just look at my ring. Surprisingly it works :)
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Dang! You women are amazing with your ideas!
    Now I have to figure out what colour, how many and am I counting up and / or down! Time to make a statement with new jewelry that has a purpose (that's how I am going to sell it to my husband!)

:tongue:
  • landorki
    landorki Posts: 93 Member
    Options

love this idea!
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Anyone try the bracelet trick? What do you think?