Why does my bottom "hang" down and what to do about it?

Options
Am 5'7 and 126 pounds. I do mainly cardio with light weights on the side. My diet is vegetarian. My macro split it 50/25/25 [carbs/proteins/fats]. I'm fairly slim [a size 1]. Measurements are small too. I have a 23 inch waist and 32 hips. However, despite my measurements, size, and weight, my bottom tends to "hang". Doesn't matter if I'm wearing skinny jeans, yoga pants, or capris. There's this major crease mark each time. My clothes slide on just fine by the way. I don't have difficulty getting them on. But the crease will gradually appear once I begin walking or moving after putting on pants and my bottom just feels...weird.
e4xkp1a3q2q2.jpg

Replies

• Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Your bottom looks nice to me. I don't see a problem.
  • kshatriyo
    kshatriyo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I think the issue is with the way most pants are made. Your pants look too tight around your bum which could be making dem buns pressed down. They aren't made for girls with junk in their trunk. Buy larger pants or jeans and have the waists taken in. That makes a huge difference. I promise. I have been there with the tiny frame and big hiney.
  • TurtleTop08
    TurtleTop08 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    My guess is you are lacking mass in the glute region. You have nothing to hold your pants up. Start wearing a belt and get on a solid program (like Strong Curves) while eating enough to add muscle.

How much is enough? I currently eat in the range of 1300-1500 calories depending on the day.
  • TurtleTop08
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Colt1835 wrote: »
    Your bottom looks nice to me. I don't see a problem.

Thanks for your compliment? lol. It's not exactly "round/firm/out" like I want it to though. I personally dont know anyone else who has the sag/crease issue like I do.
  • TurtleTop08
    Options
    kshatriyo wrote: »
    I think the issue is with the way most pants are made. Your pants look too tight around your bum which could be making dem buns pressed down. They aren't made for girls with junk in their trunk. Buy larger pants or jeans and have the waists taken in. That makes a huge difference. I promise. I have been there with the tiny frame and big hiney.

Thanks. Any recommended brands?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My guess is you are lacking mass in the glute region. You have nothing to hold your pants up. Start wearing a belt and get on a solid program (like Strong Curves) while eating enough to add muscle.

How much is enough? I currently eat in the range of 1300-1500 calories depending on the day.

Depends on your activity level but I would say at least 2000 calories, possibly more. You are eating very little for your stats.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Skin laxity might be your issue hence the droop@ hanging. Difficult to confirm from your photo. Agree@jemhh + cerise_noir + grapaj.

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with your posterior. Genetics to a large part determines the shape of our bottoms. Not everyone has a "bubble". You can work with heavy weights on muscle development, but honestly, count your blessings.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Why are you on a weight loss intake? Your stats don't allow for that

At your stats and doing "cardio" e.g. Moderately active that looks like an undereat of around 700-1000 calories so over time you should be dropping 1.5-2lbs a week on average

Are you losing weight? If not then your calorie intake logging or estimates is incorrect
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,729 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »

At your stats and doing "cardio" e.g. Moderately active that looks like an undereat of around 700-1000 calories so over time you should be dropping 1.5-2lbs a week on average

Are you losing weight? If not then your calorie intake logging or estimates is incorrect

or she has been at a deficit for a long time and her actual CO level is lower than expected.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    It's not you, it's the clothes.

Honestly if you like yourself naked, it's the clothes.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Sued0nim wrote: »

or she has been at a deficit for a long time and her actual CO level is lower than expected.

You think? I think it's far more likely an "I don't know what I'm eating"situation and as soon as calories go up, weight goes up with water so a belief that is falsely low maintenance levels

IMO The reduction in CO from long term defecit should not be overplayed or considered before accurate logging and proper time given for body to stabilise to increased calories e.g. 2-3 months at a regular intake

It is all too easy for people to misunderstand their maintenance IMO
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Your bum looks normal for a slim but under-trained woman.

Why are you eating so little?